Multichanger not working by sudderz71

sudderz71
My kenwod multichanger has stopped working and on trying to select it from the steering wheel controls i get the error message NO SRC on the head unit display,there is also no power to the boot mounted multichanger,ideas anyone. :hail:

Posted 27 Oct 2010, 21:17 #1 

Duncan
Maybe the plug has come out?

Is the head unit a Kenwood, or some other kind with an interface box?

It's also possible that the changer has just plain died.

Posted 28 Oct 2010, 09:03 #2 

takestock
I may be wrong, ( so whats new :D) but I am sure there was a hidden in line fuse at the bottom of the console area, now for the life of me I cannot remember if it was for the CD changer. Any one else remember this?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 28 Oct 2010, 13:56 #3 

Duncan
takestock wrote:I may be wrong, ( so whats new :D) but I am sure there was a hidden in line fuse at the bottom of the console area, now for the life of me I cannot remember if it was for the CD changer. Any one else remember this?

Yes, for some versions there was. But no idea if it was for Kenwoods. I think it was in the wiring from the head to the changer if you are right. I had a feeling it was for V8s, but that may be completely wrong.

Certainly worth a poke around under there.

Posted 29 Oct 2010, 13:17 #4 

sudderz71
Thanks all for your help and indeed Dave there was an inline fuse and that had failed,again many thanks regards Dave.

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 16:49 #5 

takestock
Oh yes, kerching.........another point to me :D

Glad your sorted :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 17:14 #6