MPG After Todays Run Out by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi
Went out for dinner today to ironbridge A5 etc full tank travelled 55.6miles at speeds of say 20-70mph so average would be 32mph and got only 34.7mpg is this right ? thought i would have got more out of her than that :-o filled her back up at local garage at 1.47p ltr took £18.00 to brim so for £18.00 i am only getting 35mpg cant be right can it.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 May 2011, 18:39 #1 

Duncan
That's what I get out of my diesle auto.

There's a body of opinion that says the thermostats can end up with the engine running cool, which has this effect. I'm pretty sure my thermostat is running cool, as during the cold spell in the winter, my fuel burning heater was still running after 35 miles, and an hours driving. One of my summer jobs is a thermostat change.

Posted 02 May 2011, 18:42 #2 

James.uk
I go to Etherow park most days, thats 5 miles each way and takes 20 mins each way.. 20 mins = 5miles is 15 mph !! That is an ave 2nd gear speed..

Not surprisingly I ave about 20 mpg on that run.. lol...

Filled up today, trip read 195, fuel cost £60.. I make that about 21 mpg.. ouch... :( but the car easily doubles that on an Mway run. :D

Posted 02 May 2011, 19:21 #3 

raistlin
35 mpg seems about the same as I get, unless doing a long trip.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 May 2011, 19:52 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI
So i have nothing to worry about then :confused: this is about right then, just that i have read some peeps were getting 38-42 on these sort of journeys and i am not the peddle to the metal type of chap just really steady i did try out the turbo a few times though at around the 2000rev point in 2nd 3rd and 4th pulled really nice :) saw some nice R75 on the road today to not least a V8 sweeny rover :)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 May 2011, 20:28 #5 

Dave
So the 41 mpg average which I am getting from my Tourer (and which I always thought was low) is not as bad as I thought then?!

Posted 03 May 2011, 09:32 #6 

raistlin
My car is an auto. My MPG reflects that i think :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 May 2011, 10:37 #7