MOT today... by calibrax

calibrax
Car went in for MOT and service today... was all ok, except for the rear coil springs - both fractured! so there goes another couple of hundred quid. :confused:

At least the replacement engine and everything else passed, including the white LED (Light Emitting Diode) sidelights which actually failed last year at a different garage for being "too blue"! So I'm pretty happy really, could be worse.

I have a trophy blue MG ZS 1.8 loan car in the meantime, which is quite nice, and I'll get my own car back in the morning :)
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 15:47 #1 

JohnDotCom
A pair of rear springs should't cost that unless OEM Inc fitting.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 16:54 #2 

Bermudan 75
One of the nicest feelings in the world is passing the MOT..... :thumbsup:

Hope you get your springs sorted out without too much wallet slimming.

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 17:14 #3 

calibrax
JohnDotCom wrote:A pair of rear springs should't cost that unless OEM Inc fitting.

Yep, they are OEM ones, £216 including fitting and VAT... car is at Apple MG.
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 17:33 #4 

JohnDotCom
For the ZT Diesel from XPart a pair (Lilac Code) Part No: RKB000910SLP should cost you £119.98 + VAT = £143.97 so labour charge not to bad.Or for original not SLP (Service line part) Part No: RKB000240 @ £73.09 each = £175.42 Inc VAT

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 17:47 #5 

Bermudan 75
JohnDotCom wrote:For the ZT Diesel from XPart a pair (Lilac Code) Part No: RKB000910SLP should cost you £119.98 + VAT = £143.97 so labour charge not to bad.Or for original not SLP (Service line part) Part No: RKB000240 @ £73.09 each = £175.42 Inc VAT <TABLE class=bodyEipcGrid id=TablePartsListGrid cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 Header?><TR id=row3 title="Spring-road rear coil - Lilac, RJ" height=20><TD class=selected id=row3_cell_2 onmouseover=PartsListGrid.onMOver(this) onclick='PartsListGrid.setSelectRow(this.id.substring(this.id.indexOf("w")+1,this.id.indexOf("_")),false)' onmouseout=PartsListGrid.onMOut(this) vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD class=selected id=row3_cell_3 onmouseover=PartsListGrid.onMOver(this) onclick='PartsListGrid.setSelectRow(this.id.substring(this.id.indexOf("w")+1,this.id.indexOf("_")),false)' onmouseout=PartsListGrid.onMOut(this) vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD class=selected id=row3_cell_4 onmouseover=PartsListGrid.onMOver(this) onclick='PartsListGrid.setSelectRow(this.id.substring(this.id.indexOf("w")+1,this.id.indexOf("_")),false)' onmouseout=PartsListGrid.onMOut(this) vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD class=selected id=row3_cell_5 onmouseover=PartsListGrid.onMOver(this) onclick='PartsListGrid.setSelectRow(this.id.substring(this.id.indexOf("w")+1,this.id.indexOf("_")),false)' onmouseout=PartsListGrid.onMOut(this) vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR></TABLE>

I did not know that we had a 75/ZT Community secret language :gmc:

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 18:04 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rover418275 wrote:

I did not know that we had a 75/ZT Community secret language :gmc:

Testing of a possible new editor is causing some problems. Not for members as you cannot see or use the new editor. It is only available for admin and we are troubleshooting it's quirks and foibles and may well be for some time. :)

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 18:07 #7 

JohnDotCom
Sorry Guys normal service has resumed.Image Image
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 18:10 #8 

Bermudan 75
I have just decoded it and it says,

'No biscuits available at Jules place'

According to James.UK

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 18:16 #9 

calibrax
Picked up my car and it's running sweet as a nut. No advisories on the MOT either! :D

Had a chat with the mechanic, and he estimated that 7 out of every 12 cars that come in for MOT have one or more broken springs, and that's not just the MG/Rovers. The state of the roads seems to be playing a huge part...
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 12 Mar 2011, 11:26 #10