MOT Fail/Pass.... by RhodieBill

RhodieBill
Oh well, it was that time of year again - the dreaded MOT!!!
Took the old motor down to the garage that has always been doing my MOT's and low and behold got that heart-stopping call to say, "sorry Sir but you car has failed on a couple of issues....."

Anyway, it needed a pair, nearside and offside, of links for the Front Anti-roll Bar as the rubbers were perrished. Oh, and a Numberplate Bulb..... So the bill was £123.00 including the parts, labour and the MOT. So it passed in the end.
I thought the Emmisions were quite good considering; Fast Idle CO: <0.20%vol - Actual 0.03%vol; HC: < 200ppm vol - Actual 29ppm vol; Natural Idle CO: < 0.30%vol - Actual 0.04%vol I'm sure someone here understands it all, but to me it looks good!
And the Mechanic said that other than the Links the car was in "A1" condition!

NB. And all done within 3 1/2 hours from the time I dropped it off to me collecting it!

Thanks......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 15:35 #1 

Last edited by RhodieBill on 29 Jun 2012, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

baconbuttyman
:panic: could have been worse, could have cost £124
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 16:24 #2 

Tourerfogey
Think you're not too far from me Bill - where do you go for your MOT?

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 16:45 #3 

RhodieBill
Netley Garage.... Andy the owner is really good, not the cheapest, but thorough!

http://www.netley-garage.co.uk/

I'm not complaining, over the last 10 years and a number of different cars this is only the third failure, one was a bubble in a tyre that you couldn't see, two was a corroded brake pipe on a caliper, and third, this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 18:20 #4 

Tourerfogey
Yep, I know Netley Garage - I've been using the Village Garage at Colden Common for the last couple of years.

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 18:47 #5