More electrickery by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

kandyman
Well done Paul and thanks for all your hard work you put in to bring is these mods :)

I might have to pay you a visit one day if you fancy working on a LWB ;)

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 21:25 #21 

raistlin
kandyman wrote:I might have to pay you a visit one day if you fancy working on a LWB ;)

No problem Andy :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 21:26 #22 

phenonix
Well done Paul, put me down for one :thumbsup:

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 21:44 #23 

raistlin
phenonix wrote:Well done Paul, put me down for one :thumbsup:

OK Joe

Have you got the ultimate remote fitted yet?

It'll be a little while yet though as I now have to design the whole lot into a PIC and PCB (Printed Circuit Board) layout :panic:
Paul

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 21:48 #24 

phenonix
Kinda embarrassed to say, but no, not yet Paul :em:
Seems Bernard was right,

been flat out busy but have some holidays coming up
but i have now introduced another Aussie/Londoner Rover owner to your electrickery, which he is interested in doing next,
coincidently he just said last week "i'd really love dipping mirrors" and then this news arrives :)

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 08:39 #25 

phenonix
Just checked T'other side,the person i just mentioned above was the one who opened that recent query about this mod.

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 09:08 #26 

Jaygee
raistlin wrote:Latest project is now functioning sufficiently well to be worthwhile :)

Door mirror dips to show you the kerb when you select reverse. Switchable to select whether it does so or not and also to select which side dips :)

I need to work on the aesthetics of where the switches go and/or whether there is a single switch that can perform both selection functions :)

on my rangerover this is automatic when i select reverse only both sides dip, so must be connected to reverse light switch somehow..
Member No: 155 Image

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 09:48 #27 

calibrax
raistlin wrote:I know I'm public enemy number one to some people over there because of my views regarding, inter alia, xenophobia. I haven't seen anybody saying my mod designs don't / won't work though.

I hate xenophobes. Especially foreign ones ;) :gmc:

Regarding the mod... I'm interested to know, how does it return the mirror to the same position it was before dipping? is it timer based?
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 12:03 #28 

raistlin
calibrax wrote:is it timer based?

Sort of, Steve.
Paul

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 16:59 #29 

greeners
Well done Paul another great mod that brings the car up in line with 2010 cars.....If only MGR were still building them.

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 23:18 #30 

Ragman
I too am one of those with loads of unfinished projects in boxes, the ultimate remote control is not one of them yet - but will be. only problem I have is I struggle to wire a 13amp plug

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 23:44 #31 

raistlin
I have to report that this is back to the drawing board :(

There are just too many variables involved in using timed movement when applied to different cars.

Unless we can come up with a position feedback system, I suspect it'll remain wishful thinking :(
Paul

Posted 16 Nov 2011, 20:40 #32 

Trebor
thats a shame Paul so whats next ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Nov 2011, 22:02 #33 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:thats a shame Paul so whats next ?

Well... if somebody comes up with reasonable ideas, I'll see what can be made of them :)
Paul

Posted 16 Nov 2011, 22:42 #34 

Duncan
OK, you need something that can move the motor a defined distance, and make sure it comes back the same amount.

Time isn't helpful, because the speed varies too much.

I bought a unit and there's no space to put a feedback pot. So we are into something that counts pulses. You could try a hall sensor, but the latest trend is to measure the current. If you sample it fast enough, you can see the variations in current due to commutation of the motor. There are a few techniques to play with, maybe zero crossing or looking for peaks. But if you count pulses, you have a feedback system.

Don't ask me to design the circuit though, I only know how it could be done. Maybe there's a chip out there thats a pulse counting motor driver?

Posted 16 Nov 2011, 23:05 #35 

MN190
Front parking sensors linked to speed signal so they only come on when doing less than 5mph but not with handbrake on? :gmc:

Posted 16 Nov 2011, 23:08 #36