More courier nonsense by Duncan

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Duncan
Anyone used Hermes? used to be parcelnet.

Never come across such a difficult to deal with bunch.

Bought something on fleabay, and seller sent it with them. They collected it back on 11th, and finally tried to deliver today over a week later. I was out and they carded me. No prob I thought, I'll go and collect.

No contact number, no depot address. Go to the website, again no number. You have to email them to ask them to phone the delivery courier to ask about collection. Still no reply after emailing at half 1.

The card says they will attempt to deliver three times, then return to sender if no contact made, but then they refuse to allow you to contact them.

Frankly it's such appalling service, I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone. Makes HDN look professional, and that takes some doing!

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 18:31 #1 

Last edited by Duncan on 19 Nov 2010, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

JakeWilson
I bought some walnut bits off e-bay last week - they had blatantly been throwing it about as it's smashed to pieces.

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 19:14 #2 

PaulT
Only just discovered Parcels2Go. Had an A/B telephone coin box (remember those) to send. Whole number of couriers quoted including 'Parcelnet'. DHL was the cheapest so sent it 48 hours and it was elivered in 24.

Always remember when I was a kid on Woking station in the early 60s. 2 railway bods were loading parcels in to a goods van. They then came to a parcel labelled 'Fragile' so they threw it in.

Will admit I like City Link. They have a depot near me and you can collect parcels until 20:00 in the evening.

Makes you wonder why some businesses go out of their way to be totally non-customer focussed.

Best of luck Duncan.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 19:53 #3 

raistlin
The problem is, Duncan, that the delivery drivers are not professional couriers for the likes of Herpes (pun intended) and DHL home.

They tend to use bored housewives who will only deliver when they feel like it, usually between taking the brats to school and getting their hair done, either of which takes higher priority than their deliveries.

They are not employed but rather, sub-contracted and as such are a law unto themselves.

Mind you, there's nothing like receiving an item covered in small sticky hand prints or savaged by the family dog :evil:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 19:58 #4 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:....for the likes of Herpes (pun intended) .......

Yup exactly what Mary called them!

Still no reply to my email, or the promised return phonecall when I found a phone number by using Yahoo search.

Fleabay seller has contacted them and told me they will deliver in the morning. Shall wait in, specially, without my breath held!

And I shall make a point of checking with sellers that they don't use them before buying.

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 21:06 #5 

starbug2
raistlin wrote:The problem is, Duncan, that the delivery drivers are not professional couriers for the likes of Herpes (pun intended) and DHL home.

They tend to use bored housewives who will only deliver when they feel like it, usually between taking the brats to school and getting their hair done, either of which takes higher priority than their deliveries.

They are not employed but rather, sub-contracted and as such are a law unto themselves.

Mind you, there's nothing like receiving an item covered in small sticky hand prints or savaged by the family dog :evil:

i'm a delivery driver :hissyfit: i deliver beds to shops . but i agree some home del. bods can be a bit crap

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 21:38 #6 

Duncan
I'm not complaining, and I don't think anyone else is, complaining about delivery drivers as such.

My complaint is with the company behind the so called delivery network. I regularly receive stuff through royal mail, parcelforce, citylink, UPS, and a few others. I get great service, and even get to know some of the people who deliver (didn't half shock my wife when UPS turned up and asked for me by name). 99.9% of the time it's great, and the odd other time is no big problem.

DHL used to be just as good, but recently they have been sold to HDN. Now contacting them involves a long wait on a premium / mobile number. But at least you can contact them, unlike Herpes, who you can only contract (geddit).

I wish it were true that service industries that can't deliver any kind of service would cease to be, but actually they seem to flourish and I can't figure out why. Could it be price? ;)

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 21:53 #7 

raistlin
starbug2 wrote:i'm a delivery driver :hissyfit: i deliver beds to shops .

You're a professional driver though Steve. That's the difference :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 22:57 #8 

Duncan
Guess what.

They turned up this morning and delivered as promised.

NOT!

:mad1: :mad1: :evil:

Posted 20 Nov 2010, 12:18 #9 

Aurora MG
A DHL van was parked outside my front window a few weeks back. He was looking for my new mobile phone. I was watching as he really was only about 8 feet from me & while he was looking for my item he was picking up boxes with "DELL" written on them, so obviously computer bits, as he didn't want these items they were simply tossed to the back of the van! :evil:

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 00:53 #10 

carlpenn
I used to work for Lynx on the night shift, loading trucks and it was appalling to see how mistreated peoples property was. As stated above, just tossed around like they where made of rubber.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 16:42 #11 

Duncan
Would you believe? Finally got my parcel today.

Bought and paid, back on 9th November.

Fleabay seller was no better: no packaging just the box it came in. Didn't even tape the bottom so the goods inside were falling out. Luckily undamaged.

Luckily this is the exception, not the rule...... :mad1:

Posted 25 Nov 2010, 19:20 #12