Monk's Creativity Thread by Mad-Monkey (Page 2 of 2)

Jürgen
Monk wrote:
kandyman wrote:How about one for us Limo owners ;)

What would you put on it? Or would you just stretch it a bit :gmc:

Just 200mm of blank space in-between ... :mrgreen:

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 17:39 #21 

Mad-Monkey
Well I had a play with the Mustang and this is what I got.

I tried cutting the key bar into it for a trial but I'm not that impressed. It hasn't been finished in anyway so machine marks are still visible, but even so the actual item feels a bit naff. I will try some nylon next when funds permit. This was A.B.S but this sheet was pants. Didn't seem a nice finish anyway to start with!

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 06:48 #22 

Mad-Monkey
Some more for your sins...

Solid carbon fibre! Not finished yet as this was straight off the machine! Over 10 times the cost of walnut, but I really like it, the depth is amazing! Hoping it polishes to glossy shine! It's 4mm thick, 50mm wide :)

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 15:28 #23 

Bolin
Looking very good Mr Monk! The one that you describe as 'naff' looks brilliant in the photo - I think you are on to a winner with these. :thumbsup:

Perhaps the MG owners would like a carbon fibre key to reduce weight and maximise the 0-60 time? :lol:

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 23:03 #24 

stevemac
Monk wrote:Some more for your sins...

Solid carbon fibre! Not finished yet as this was straight off the machine! Over 10 times the cost of walnut, but I really like it, the depth is amazing! Hoping it polishes to glossy shine! It's 4mm thick, 50mm wide :)

That looks great David. Maybe you could do a Community grill badge in Carbon Fibre :thumbsup:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 16 Jun 2012, 05:17 #25 

Clifford
These look fantastic! I'd love a facelift Rover badge in carbon fibre to replace my horrible sticker lol! :)

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 14:42 #26 

Mad-Monkey
I didn't do the facelift, mainly as I thought everyone would want the original or the 75 edition. I can do a facelift though! I'll add it to my list. Carbon fibre is at a horrendous cost though. You'd be looking at a ball park figure of around £30 I'm afraid.

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 15:27 #27 

Mad-Monkey
Aluminium badge!

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 15:31 #28 

Clifford
Monk wrote:Carbon fibre is at a horrendous cost though. You'd be looking at a ball park figure of around £30 I'm afraid.

An OE facelift badge is £27 on Xpart so I'd happily pay £30 for a carbon one! :)

Aluminium looks good too though! You could fill the pits with coloured resin, that'd look great!

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 16:53 #29 

Mad-Monkey
Clifford wrote:
Monk wrote:Carbon fibre is at a horrendous cost though. You'd be looking at a ball park figure of around £30 I'm afraid.

An OE facelift badge is £27 on Xpart so I'd happily pay £30 for a carbon one! :)

Aluminium looks good too though! You could fill the pits with coloured resin, that'd look great!

I had a look at the coloured resins, you can get the colours by RAL code so plenty of colour combinations. I may have a go if I get time. Currently looking at polishing machines/wheels and techniques.

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 17:14 #30 

Mad-Monkey
Ben asked for a 30mm aluminium MG badge and I finally got it cut. Absolute nightmare with it being so small. The tools marks are also emphasised because of the size so Ben you're going to have a lot of work to do! Came out at 29.2mm which I think is due to blade wear.

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 07:09 #31 

TyphoonTT
David, it looks fine to me. Didn't mean to be trouble, just comes naturally. :whump: Plus, I know you like a challenge. :lol:

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 22:07 #32