Mobile phones by loz1971

loz1971
Anybody out there know anything about these?? I think I may like a new phone but don't know ANYTHING about them. I am looking to spend around £45, and want pay as you go, my work phone is contract but my personal doesn't need to be.

Any help would be appreciated ;) ;)
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:18 #1 

Keleko
What sort of stuff do you wanna do with it?
Commission number: 30126

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:21 #2 

Rammie
I suppose it depends what features you want included. you can get a bog standard one for around £10 / £20 in the Supermarkets or there is the online outlets
Brian

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:22 #3 

loz1971
Keleko wrote:What sort of stuff do you wanna do with it?

Go on then, give me a clue?? :confused: :confused:

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:23 #4 

JohnDotCom
Just use as a phone and Texting,
or full Internet access, Camera still or movie and how many Megapixel camera you require.
Separate keyboard? Touchscreen, two camera for Video calls, Games functioon, downloading programa and applications.
To name but a few functions.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:27 #5 

loz1971
HOLY S***T, WHAT!!!???? :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Things really have moved on since the last phone I got!! (Nokia 6310i)

Camera!! downloading!! i'm getting REALLY old!! (no offence Colin!)

Well, what sort of things can I get on a phone at that price?? can I get one that will let me view this site on it?? that would be cool!

(now that DID sound like something my father would say! :em: )

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:32 #6 

JohnDotCom
The very important thing to watch if you are using the Internet on the Phone is charges.
If a contract check the allowance or if unlimited, using Wi Fi cuts costs as well as free areas (service stations, Railways, Airports etc ).
Pay as you Go can often do a extra deal for Internet calls.

I watch the TV on my iPhone if stuck for something to do when waiting for a job to come in,
it allows you all the FreeView channels and a few more.

Most basic Handsets will do/have:

Phone Function
Text Messaging
Camera but the resolution and Pixels of camera may be low.
Colour Screen

Slightly better ones will also allow:

Internet access
EMail retrieval and sending
Some may even have touch screen, (look out for offers)
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:45 #7 

loz1971
OK, so i'm in waaaaaay over my head. I would like a mobile with a camera that can shoot video, bluetooth is an essential, and apparently 3G is the way to go :confused: :confused:

The only other thing I can think of is something that can play music, for the rare occasions I have to get on a bus/train!!

Any recommendations for me, don't forget, up to £45 on pay as you go :thumbsup:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:00 #8 

JohnDotCom
I will have a look in the Coffee lounge, there are some mobile phone magazines in there, I'll read in my break...yes this is working. :gmc:
John

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:03 #9 

loz1971
JohnDotCom wrote:I will have a look in the Coffee lounge, there are some mobile phone magazines in there, I'll read in my break...yes this is working. :gmc:

Cheers John :D :D

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:08 #10 

Dallas
This one will do you well! the LGGD510 POP with its large 3inch touch screen and packed with features... http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/LG-GD510-POP/PPAY

There are so so many phones out there now that are very cheap indeed, you really are spoilt for choice (its down to personal taste really)......

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:58 #11 

loz1971
I do quite like the look of that one, shame it isn't 3G though.

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 23:08 #12 

Dallas
loz1971 wrote:I do quite like the look of that one, shame it isn't 3G though.

Don't think you will get all that you want on spec and 3G with your £45 budget...... :(
.............. well not new but maybe on ebay as a second hand unit....... :confused:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 23:15 #13 

MrB
How about this?

http://threestore.three.co.uk/PAYG/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=DSL0PP219

Not sure how good Three coverage is in your area? But you can check that on their site.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 00:04 #14 

loz1971
No, sadly 3 haven't quite made it into Cornwall properly yet, service down here with them is very hit and miss :confused: :confused:

But ta for the help, any other ideas?? ;) ;)

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 00:56 #15