MKON Replacement Pumps by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Why are the MKON replacement fuel pumps so much cheaper then those from Rimmers? About one tenth of the price.... :confused:

Posted 14 Feb 2012, 21:03 #1 

RichardGarner
Because Rimmers are having a sale on some stag parts so to balance the cosmos other prices must be higher. That said sometimes the odd thing is remarkably cheap, never the thing you want though.

Posted 14 Feb 2012, 22:59 #2 

PaulT
Because the item from Rimmers, as supplied by Rover, is the pump and all the other bits and pieces. The MKON is just the pump meaning you have to extract the old pump from the total gubbins and then fit the pump to the rest of the gubbins.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 15 Feb 2012, 07:40 #3 

Bermudan 75
Decided to go with replacing both pumps with MGR original parts, £321 for both delivered.

Posted 15 Feb 2012, 19:15 #4 

Bermudan 75
Pumps replaced, and some idiot of a BMW driver got so close to my rear bumper put my foot down and he became asmall image in my rear view mirror.....car now back to normal.

Posted 22 Feb 2012, 00:42 #5 

Suffolk Man
i have used these my itp one is still ok but the tank one failed i will not recommend any one buying them .nice pens tho

Posted 03 May 2012, 21:28 #6 

JakeWilson
An alternative is an ITP element from a 306 HDi. Our black one has one fitted as it matches all the specs of the orignal pump. You have to do some dissassembly and swapping bits about, but total cost is about 50 quid.

It's also VDO as per the original.

Posted 03 May 2012, 22:19 #7