Mk 1 and Mk 2 panels by Bermudan 75

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bermudan 75
Hi folks,

I believe the Mk 1 and Mk 2 panels such as the bonnets and wings are the same?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 17 Jun 2013, 10:16 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You are correct in your belief, It's only bumpers that are different.

Posted 17 Jun 2013, 11:12 #2 

Bermudan 75
Ta Mick, found a bonnet and wing to replace them on my car. A breakers in Middlesbrough area I have suggested he join the Community to advertise other items he has.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 17 Jun 2013, 15:02 #3 

WillyHeckaslike
The boot lids are physically interchangeable but are they functionally interchangeable? My understanding is that the BCUs are configured differently to cater for the absence of the key-operated barrel lock on a Mk 2, so how would you get a Mk 2 lid to operate correctly on a Mk 1? :-?

Posted 21 Jul 2013, 13:12 #4 

Mofo
You can still use the boot release button, but you would need to replace the BCU (Body Control Unit) to get keyfob button unlock. I added that feature on my MK 1 75, and I miss it on the MK 1 ZT I now have :lol:

Posted 21 Jul 2013, 13:41 #5 

WillyHeckaslike
Interesting. Another BCU sounds like a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) session might be needed, if so would that be a simple T4 session or ZCS coding too? I think that an idea of cost would be of interest to anyone considering doing this, what sort of price would be reasonable for another BCU and the T4 session? :geek:

Posted 21 Jul 2013, 18:19 #6 

Mofo
If I remember rightly it does need a T4 session, and a replacement BCU should cost around £20 or so (depends where you get it from). Not sure if ZCS coding is required but I would have thought it was (that being said, the T4 gurus now have a very easy ZCS coding tool which takes all of a few seconds to implement the changes - I had my retrofitted PDC added in the blink of an eye and we were then able to see real time info for the sensors).

As for T4 session prices, not really my place to say, depends on the operator, but mine was done (including removing the glovebox and replacing the BCU, then refitting everything) in under 30 minutes.

If I get it done to the ZT, I'll try and take some pictures, get more detailed info. Let's face it....it more than likely going to happen.... :lol:

Posted 21 Jul 2013, 20:44 #7 

nick nick
Rover418275 wrote:Ta Mick, found a bonnet and wing to replace them on my car. A breakers in Middlesbrough area I have suggested he join the Community to advertise other items he has.

Cheers

Mike

Would that breakers be in SaltBurn by any chance
LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES....BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE PRICKS

Posted 26 Jul 2013, 19:50 #8 

Bermudan 75
Yes, MGRover Breakers and he has two JGA Odyssey Blue Mk 2 saloons in his yard.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 27 Jul 2013, 07:38 #9