Mirage Wheels (YUK) by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Mirage wheels wish they were a mirage and not on my car :cry:
i absolutely HATE them i could hit my self :whump:over the head.
mgzt-17-mirage-alloys-sold-t3695.html

Well i finally finished the refurb on the Mirage wheels i purchased recently decided i would change the colur to Mercury grey metalic as the title states these will not be staying on my car to long, taking my serpants in to get them done this week once back these will be coming off and only used for winter even then i might not use them i think they look rubbish on a tourer and the colour is just awful dont you think.

I could well be selling these in the near future and looking for some others what a waste of time that was over the weekend sticking to silver from now on.

Image1

even went to the trouble of spraying the wheel studs

Image2

Image3

I think they just take away the good looks of the car hate them well learnt the hard way
Image4

Image5

Dont know what went wrong with the tyre black i only drove down the road 4 mile and its started to peel

Image6

Please give truthful opinions i wont be offended i have tough skin

Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Jul 2011, 20:38 #1 

Aurora MG
The wheels themselves are fine & in that colour look good but as you say don't suit a Tourer.

Posted 24 Jul 2011, 21:47 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Aurora MG wrote:The wheels themselves are fine & in that colour look good but as you say don't suit a Tourer.

Yes spot on, think they would look good on a saloon but its a big no no on a tourer. :hissyfit: well worst things happen in life :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Jul 2011, 21:57 #3 

Dave
I sort of like them, but then I guess it would depend on the colour of your car...??

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 06:37 #4 

zojosc
YUK! :-|
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 08:31 #5 

PaulT
No, no, no - and I hope that was not a Spacesaver that you ruined when spraying the bolts
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 08:38 #6 

Bernard
They would look OK on a ZT but not on a 75, in my opinion.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 08:39 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Making the tyres black again will improve the look, but IMHO they don't suit the 75, had they been finished in silver they would have worked, as they do on the ZT.

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 12:57 #8 

Bootie
Artic they look really bad, give them to me and forget about them :)

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 13:14 #9 

stevemac
They look great on a saloon :-D Image
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 13:48 #10 

zt rob
try them bright silver steve i think you would be surprised they wont look so bad

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 15:16 #11 

Arctic
(Trader)
PaulT wrote:No, no, no - and I hope that was not a Spacesaver that you ruined when spraying the bolts

Hi yes sorry never seen any use for those polo mint with hole wheels :lol:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 20:53 #12 

Duncan
PaulT wrote:No, no, no - and I hope that was not a Spacesaver that you ruined when spraying the bolts

Why. Do you need a spacesaver?

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 21:19 #13 

Arctic
(Trader)
zt rob wrote:try them bright silver steve i think you would be surprised they wont look so bad

Hi Robbie drove around a bit today on them seem to be growing on me get a good ride off them, poped over to the wheels place on the bilston rd to see how much it would cost to het the serpants refurbed i was shocked £95 per wheel platimum silver gave me the speel those are the BMW colours very expensive to match, :roll: yer right then showed me some other silver at £65 a pop.

I may well have the tyres took off £20 rub and prepair the wheels and have a go my self undercoat and top coat plus lacque will only cost me £20-25 per wheel have tyre put back on and balanced £30 in total £150 and the satusfaction of knowing i have done them my self. i mean my serpant are not really bad just need a very tiny bit of TLC

Note the little scuffs
Image1

Image2

worst of them all due to brake dust etc
Image3

Next worst just round the edge curbed not by me mind how do you kurb a car :confused: got to be bad driving surely,
Image4
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Jul 2011, 21:34 #14 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:

Why. Do you need a spacesaver?

No, I gave mine to the local tip - just hope they appreciate it.

Always makes me smile when I see these being advertised and sometimes for large sums.

20 years down the line though people will be looking for them for concours competitions.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 07:06 #15 

Dallas
................. as others have said, they don't really suit the tourer.

I'm not a fan of those Mirage wheels as I found they look like those cheap after market sets from Halfords :rolling: BK Racing do a similar wheel which looks really naff............ BUT! as for those Serpents, well! they are a beautiful wheel..... :hail:

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 20:51 #16