Midlands Nano Meet Sat 6 and Sun 7 July 13 by Trebor (Page 5 of 6)

persuer
Had a great day today, Thanks to Paul and Duncan for the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and help with airbag light and those dreaded reversing sensors, Thanks for Steve for the plenum mod, great to see some of the old faces and really old faces lol and also to meet some more. The next meet cannot come round quick enough.

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 17:21 #81 

Duncan
A really great meet, and some friends old and new. It must have been good, as this is the most tired I've been after a Nano, EVER! Loads of stuff done, and good to see people helping each other in their own ways. And isn't that just what it's all about. The T4 stuff for example, it's not for money or glory or anything, just to help fellow owners get to know their cars better, and for the most part that's exactly what happened.

Apologies that we started to get a bit of a backlog with the T4, as the sessions were taking longer and longer. Those there today will have noticed we had a sudden 'uplift' in the number getting done. It seems I had a bit of a conflict between Microsoft and AVG security software. I hadn't realised the Microsoft one was active (the PC is only used for T4). This did seem to cause a bit of aggravation between some people in the 'queue' but that went away when we got the session times back down after figuring out what the problem was. It does make us want to say, remember we are doing this for fun, so please don't get wound up, or take us for granted. I know the vast majority don't, but for anyone that does, don't expect to get a second session anytime soon. We have started to talk about getting a system like the Deli in Sainsbury's but it probably really isn't needed!

No photos from me, I forgot to bring a camera, but please post up yours. See you at the next one!

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 18:58 #82 

Bernard
Just back from Duxford for the 10th anniversary event with the V8 for the Two-Sixties so couldn't make the Nano on Sunday.
However, on Saturday, our R75 was diagnosed by David (Mad Monkey) and found to have a faulty rear pretensioner (new one on me), a duff power Vis motor ( missing you Dave Stockythingy) and faulty 3 speed fan. Many thanks (well, sort of :( ) David (Mad Monkey) for this and special thanks to Steve (Arctic) for the replacement Fan assembly. :clap:

It's going to be a busy week what with the cambelts change and ATF change to do.

Lot of brackets used in the above but I trust that you will make sense of it.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 19:10 #83 

Duncan
First Nano faulty rear pretensioner was found last meet, so you aren't unique Bernard I'm afraid (at least not in this aspect). Mr Sticky Stocky, and Marina were both sorely missed and the usual stream of faulty Vis's would have kept him a busy man. We had a few people confident they had no VIS (Variable Intake System) problems but actually did, in fact I'm not convinced we had any V6s with both VIS working properly. At least no diesels or K16s had VIS issues!

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 19:19 #84 

Bermudan 75
Another great meet, Duncan's story about Cheshire East Council informing him to travel to work by car and then travel home on public transport was priceless. :lol:

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 20:36 #85 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:First Nano faulty rear pretensioner was found last meet, so you aren't unique Bernard I'm afraid (at least not in this aspect). Mr Sticky Stocky, and Marina were both sorely missed and the usual stream of faulty Vis's would have kept him a busy man. We had a few people confident they had no VIS problems but actually did, in fact I'm not convinced we had any V6s with both VIS working properly. At least no diesels or K16s had VIS issues!

Duncan, did the pretensioner problem necessitate replacement or was it a connector?
Before I start, is the unit easily accessible as I have the second gas tank immediately behind
the rear seat? I can't remember (age thing :( ) as it's 4 years since I was messing in that area.

Pretensioners appear to be a problem for me after the V8 debacle.

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 21:16 #86 

Duncan
A replacement was needed. However it's a parcel shelf out job, as it's the seatbelt reel itself.

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 21:26 #87 

Bernard
Thanks Duncan.

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 21:42 #88 

Trebor
Write up and pictures are now on the Nano website below, please select the " Past Gallery " page
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Jul 2013, 23:18 #89 

Roverite
Deleted

Posted 08 Jul 2013, 12:58 #90 

Last edited by Roverite on 11 Jul 2013, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.

Yam
Only there for Saturday but had a great day....a year up for me now.
Great cars and people to boot.

Posted 08 Jul 2013, 15:41 #91 

Cockaa
Had a blast of a weekend meeting all of you guys, Trebor, Arctic, Duncan, Mischief, PaulD & this really nice bloke by the name of "NICE DAVE" ;)& everyone else i had the pleasure of spending time with, roll on the next one guys & keep up the good work :)
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 08 Jul 2013, 19:34 #92 

woolleysox
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 08 Jul 2013, 20:15 #93 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks for sharing Mr. Sox. Shame I had to miss this one.

Posted 08 Jul 2013, 20:21 #94 

Bermudan 75
I wonder how many other people caught the sun over the weekend's meet? Four Ashes could have made a fortune selling sun lotion. :em:

Posted 08 Jul 2013, 22:36 #95 

Trebor
Rover418275 wrote:I wonder how many other people caught the sun over the weekend's meet? Four Ashes could have made a fortune selling sun lotion. :em:

and cold drinks !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Jul 2013, 12:36 #96 

Trebor
Get a cup of tea or something stronger and sit back and enjoy this 15 minute video which I hope captures what the Nano meets are all about................

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ed5an59104gblok/zC_5nMJp3f
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 12 Jul 2013, 17:31 #97 

raistlin
Great production Rob :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Jul 2013, 18:16 #98 

Bermudan 75
Excellant Rob :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 12 Jul 2013, 18:19 #99 

Cockaa
Well done Rob, A nice memento of a great weekend :)
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 12 Jul 2013, 23:31 #100