Midlands Nano Meet Sat 14 and Sun 15 Sept by Trebor (Page 5 of 6)

starbug2

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 22:07 #81 

starbug2

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 22:13 #82 

starbug2

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 22:16 #83 

dattrike
Another great weekend, :-D thanks to Nige and Dawn for the camp-bed in the awning, saved me putting a tent up!! :thumbsup:

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 17:28 #84 

raistlin
We need some more pictures :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 17:42 #85 

Bermudan 75
Yes another excellent meet, rumours that I lost my keys were utter tripe I had merely placed them somewhere where they would remind me not to fall over Nigel's caravan.

The 40's event at the Four Ashes resulted in Jürgen winning the 'See who is first to spot the Union Flag in Winston Churchill's war room was upside down' competition........

Well done that man :em:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 18:29 #86 

Mick
(Site Admin)
photo.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 18:38 #87 

Mick
(Site Admin)
photo 5.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 3.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 18:44 #88 

Cockaa
dattrike wrote:Another great weekend, :-D thanks to Nige and Dawn for the camp-bed in the awning, saved me putting a tent up!! :thumbsup:

Was an absolute pleasure to be able to help when & where i can, you are great company Dave ;)
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 18:46 #89 

Mick
(Site Admin)
photo 21.JPG

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 18:48 #90 

Duncan
Another weekend to remember! 23 T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) sessions on Saturday, I was a bit tired to say the least. A few less Sunday, but some serious messing around with ZCS codes. There are some lucky owners out there who's cars still work in spite of me trying to break them. Again, I still marvel at how much people are willing to let me risk breaking their cars!

In spite of the tiredness, I say again, I love these meets and what they stand for. Just remember everyone, the deal is, someone helps you, you help someone! Don't turn up, have something done, and clear off. I saw again people wanting to have something done for nothing, but not expecting to be there all day helping others. On the other hand, there was some exceptional help. For example, someone had travelled a long way, and we found they had a drive belt that was about to disintegrate. Another Nanoer had the tools and parts by good fortune, and saved an almost certain breakdown.

November, Teddybears. Roll on.

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 19:25 #91 

Trebor
Many thanks to you Duncan for your sterling efforts as usual and even making it for both days given your car issues beforehand.

We were also key personnel down on this occasion but still had a successful meet and managed to get many many jobs done.

I will be doing a write up at some point tomorrow for the nano website and post on here when done
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 20:34 #92 

squire
It was a great for sure, but did anyone expect anything less. All thanks go to nano organisers and those with the knowledge and ability to help, sadly something I lack.I'm slowly getting to be able to put names to faces and cars. Sadly I won't be able to go to the mini nano at Teddybears as I'll be in Wales on holiday, must get things in better order next year.
Once again I had a great day on Saturday with great people.
Regards,
Martyn
Martyn

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 20:46 #93 

Jürgen
Thanks to the organisers, it has been a great weekend. :thumbsup:
I enjoyed the meet, chatting with some friends both in the field and in the pub (and in Churchill's war room as well ;)).
As always, a nano meet weekend is worth a detour.

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 21:13 #94 

Trebor
Jürgen wrote:Thanks to the organisers, it has been a great weekend. :thumbsup:
I enjoyed the meet, chatting with some friends both in the field and in the pub (and in Churchill's war room as well ;)).
As always, a nano meet weekend is worth a detour.

Nice to catch up again as ever Jürgen, that show date we spoke about in the pub is Sunday 8 June 2014, a long way off but a heads up for you if you are in the UK
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 21:41 #95 

Jürgen
Thanks Rob, date put on record.

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 22:14 #96 

persuer
Just popping on to say thanks Arctic @ cockaa for sorting out my handbrake compensator and also Mike for helping me with my gold fan resistor change. Oh and Dave sorry for losing the cap off your copper grease :em: and also chris for the great advise on a FBH (Fuel burning heater.) upgrade. Great to see some of the old, really old ;) and new faces. twas a pleasure speaking to you all. Till next time :hail: :hail:

Richard

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 22:25 #97 

Cockaa
persuer wrote:Just popping on to say thanks Arctic @ cockaa for sorting out my handbrake compensator and also Mike for helping me with my gold fan resistor change. Oh and Dave sorry for losing the cap off your copper grease :em: and also chris for the great advise on a FBH upgrade. Great to see some of the old, really old ;) and new faces. twas a pleasure speaking to you all. Till next time :hail: :hail:

Richard

It was a pleasure to meet you Richard, now get on the sunroof thread ;)
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 22:36 #98 

raistlin
Seems like this was the usual terrific weekend :)

Hope to get to the next one.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Sep 2013, 05:39 #99 

Bermudan 75
You were missed Paul, at least by Duncan who had a marathon session with the T4, :clap: and he managed to put his own Tourer on the T4, his first opportunity in four years of hooking up other people's cars to the T4 at nano-meets.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 16 Sep 2013, 06:59 #100