Midlands International Nano Meet 12th & 13th May by Trebor (Page 6 of 7)

takestock
JakeWilson wrote:Have a great time all, gutted I can't make this one. I am booking my flights tonight for the next one in July so as to make sure I don't miss it!

Believe it or not it's my birthday on the 21st July, best not book any jobs in for the Sunday :D :D :D
Look forward to seeing you there my mate :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 May 2012, 19:46 #101 

Trebor
takestock wrote:We look set to be down tea time for our virgin camping weekend in our pop up :)

A sight not to be missed, tickets on sale from me !

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 May 2012, 19:49 #102 

Duncan
Looks like we'll have enough for a party, then!

Posted 10 May 2012, 20:02 #103 

JakeWilson
takestock wrote:
Believe it or not it's my birthday on the 21st July, best not book any jobs in for the Sunday :D :D :D
Look forward to seeing you there my mate :)

And you too mate, I best bring you over some of Germany's finest booze then hadn't I? :-)

Alan's going to be staying over there tomorrow night as I understand it.

Posted 10 May 2012, 20:09 #104 

Trebor
Weather forecast for Saturday & Sunday is good with no rain so here's to a good meet
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 May 2012, 20:16 #105 

Duncan
Yes but if we keep him up late like last time, he'll just sleep all day.

Posted 10 May 2012, 20:29 #106 

Trebor
A few early pictures from the nano venue tonight as tent village starts to take shape, and a look at the recent DRL mods of Steve and Lyndon

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 11 May 2012, 20:32 #107 

Arctic
(Trader)
Compensator list now closed as is the plenum tray swap.Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 May 2012, 01:19 #108 

Trebor
looking good

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 12 May 2012, 07:01 #109 

carlpenn
I will be there around 10am chaps. :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 12 May 2012, 07:52 #110 

Bermudan 75
Been up since 6am packing the car with bits oh and THE TENT !

Posted 12 May 2012, 08:42 #111 

Mick
(Site Admin)
See you all later on. :)

Posted 12 May 2012, 09:06 #112 

Zeb
Might get to drop by....just to say hello...;)

Posted 12 May 2012, 10:35 #113 

persuer
Forgot to say I will pop up sunday as working today :(

Posted 12 May 2012, 16:38 #114 

carlpenn
Just a quicky note to say a big Thanks to Dave (Dattrike?) yesterday for swapping over my Manifold / EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) and fitting the Inline Thermostat that he had all prepared for a Swap. Very, very much appreciated I had packed everyhting and managed to leave my Tool box at home, so Dave was very nice and did the Job using his Tools

It was a pleasure to meet a few new faces yesterday and as always great to see the few people I had met last time, Dave / Takestock, Steve / Arctic, Lyndon and Woolleysox and Duncan (Who was the first Member I met personally from the site when I joined back in 2006 and hadn't seen again till yesterday!!)

Some beautiful Cars there as well, made me very jealous Although, I am slowly catching up now with making a beauty Machine

I may be up later this morning (and what a Beautiful Morning it is too) but I may pop up in the MGf, for a bit of topless fun
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 13 May 2012, 08:34 #115 

mark d3
really enjoyed the meet,posted my thanks in another thread on here to everyone who helped ,if anyone sees my double mattress could they put it one side for me seems to have been left behind
mark

Posted 13 May 2012, 17:02 #116 

Merl
Well it was another great meet :) gutted I didn't camp over now or at least book a hotel earlier enough!

It was great seeing everyone again and special thanks to Duncan and Alan for finishing off my green interior at last! and for Bernard and Ben for my powerfolds! and Stu for getting that rear bench seat bit back in! annoying thing would only allow one side at a time! do one and other would pop out lol.

Hoping to make the next full weekend one! might even camp as it's July...

I didn;t see a double air bed but there was a boot carpet that someone collected... possibly Ben?
Martin

Posted 13 May 2012, 19:55 #117 

Trebor
Well what another great meet, and apart from a sleepless night in the tent all went well.
A big thanks to all those who travelled any distance to get there and Jürgen must have come the furthest from Germany !
A special thanks to those members who continue to offer their time help and advice to others which makes these meets so good, you know who you are !
It was also nice to see some of 260s members there and some of the the MGR owners club members attended for the first time.
My pictures below which have for some reason loaded in reverse order so start on Sunday afternoon and finish up on Friday afternoon !
So Sunday:
Mike packing his tent away !
Fog mounts for the Premium bumper fabricated out of body filler to solve the hard to get OEM mount issue
Bernards lovely V8
Wide Load’s ( Mick ) MGF
DRLs fitted on Devilish’s ( Steve ) tourer
Mick listening for the engine !
I haven’t got a clue what is going on here unless Wolleysox has lost his trousers and his modesty is being protected !
This was how the Premium fog mounts were fabricated and the materials used - total cost less than £10
Make sure fog light is aligned at the front
Clean the area ready for the adhesive
Mix the adhesive with the hardener
Apply to the bumper
Place the fog light with bolts in place and sink the bolts into the body filler making sure you spread the filler fully across the bolt end, we put a washer on the bottom of the bolt secured by a second bolt to splay it out a bit and give it a better hold in the filler
Secure with a tie grip to hold in place while filler sets ( about 10-15 minutes )
This is the result
And fog lights can easily be removed

Stocktake ( Dave ) and Arctic ( Steve)change Marks fan in 50 minutes !
Mark had put some scratches on his bonnet with clay and found them hard to remove
And after polishing with a DA using 3m polishes
Wooleysox’s (Rob ) new premium bumper next to mine
This was the scene at 5.20am on Sunday morning after a good night

And the Saturday nights festivities after the pub meal and a few jars

Now Saturday during the day:
Mikes unusual tent !
Mark testing his new fan works off the car
And now my favourite job of the weekend fitting a premium bumper to Robs Black V8 tourer, which involved fitting the fogs, headlight washer jets , and of course the MG7 chrome grille before offering up to the car
Cutting the infill to fit the premium bumper just to allow clearance past the fog mounts

When securing the chrome grille with cotterpins you can carefully drill through the black grille to make life a bit easier if you wish
Ready to fit
And fitting
Before
After
Wolves 75 ( Lyndon) new DRLs on a Mk 1

Mikes tent goes up
And Finally Friday night as the early campers arrive
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 May 2012, 21:12 #118 

Bernard
Just arrived home after being held up on the M6 due to a lorry overturning on a bridge at one of the junctios. Its load of scrap metal had fallen partly on to the motorway but on the northbound side. Rubber necking brought our carriageway to a slow start stop condition. Very annoying that motorists don't just keep going when the incident should clearly not affect them.

Great weekend and many thanks to Lyndon who was able (in his own words) to put into practice the skills he had learned growing up in Wolverhampton by getting into my locked car. It had accidentally got locked with the engine running when Stu from the 260s got out of the driver's seat. Big panic time as my spare key was at home and not in the wife's handbag where it usually is.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 May 2012, 12:48 #119 

takestock
Sorry for the delay here are some photo's we took. ( sorry Rob, just had to be done :D :D :D)

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... =slideshow
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 May 2012, 14:16 #120 

Last edited by takestock on 14 May 2012, 19:30, edited 4 times in total.