MG Badges by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
I have trialled a few badges on the CNC in a few materials and have decided to offer some for sale to fund more materials and experiments.

Please note the badges all require finishing e.g. Varnish, polish, lacquer, sanding etc...

All sales include a donation to the community site with anything else funding further projects, I'm not interested in profit on these hence the prices and rough finishings. A bit of elbow grease should see you with some nice unique badges!

All badges are approx 50mm wide and 3mm or 1/8" and priced as such. I can make custom sizes but you'll have to PM for a price and then I'll add it to this post. The prices reflect the material and tooling.

Walnut

Walnut shades can vary greatly, so I'll PM a photo of a choice of woods available at the time for people to choose. Most are quite dark with a lovely grain (the photo on this isn't the best and I'll update it when I've cut a new one) but I have a few light shades as well!

£7 Posted 1st Class

Carbon Fibre

Horrendous material costs but looks stunning! I can not photograph it to show the awesomeness! Needs finishing to remove inner tool marks and a finishing with polish/lacquer or both. Made in solid carbon fibre, not just faced!

£28 Posted 1st Class

Aluminium

Grade 1050

Needs finishing to remove tooling marks. Back will also need finishing.

£12 Posted 1st Class

I have some stainless steel on order for testing as well

Costs for larger items might not command much more as costs are based on sheet size of materials and numbers out of a sheet. The major bulk of cost is tools.

If precise dimensions are needed then the edges will be straight, but approximate sizes can be done in a taper at present, which will soon be precise!

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 10:45 #1 

Mad-Monkey
I should also add these are done to order, so please allow 7 days for delivery!

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 11:09 #2 

kandyman
Well done and thanks for offering them up for sale.

I'll wait for the Rover ones before I place my order ;)

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 16:31 #3 

Mad-Monkey
Depends how big you want the Rover one. At the moment I'm getting nothing good below 80mm wide, which is fairly big! I need to run it through the laser machine for smaller badges.

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 16:52 #4 

kandyman
It wouldn't be for the car it'll be for my desk do a big one would be good .

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 17:52 #5 

Mad-Monkey
kandyman wrote:It wouldn't be for the car it'll be for my desk do a big one would be good .

Working on a little something to show you in the next few days ;)

Posted 20 Jun 2012, 14:01 #6 

kandyman
Monk wrote:
kandyman wrote:It wouldn't be for the car it'll be for my desk do a big one would be good .

Working on a little something to show you in the next few days ;)

You tease ;)

Posted 20 Jun 2012, 17:01 #7 

Mad-Monkey
For you Mr Kandyman! :)

I can do it at a max size of approx 9 inches. This one is about 6 inches or more precise 155mm. Approx 8/9mm thick.

Takes a long time to do them as the planks have to be glued together and then planed and then milled. This ones not for sale as it has a few defects. Probably looking at £25 + p&p for 9" but will need finishing with some sort of wood treatment.

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 12:26 #8 

kandyman
Monk wrote:For you Mr Kandyman! :)

I can do it at a max size of approx 9 inches. This one is about 6 inches or more precise 155mm. Approx 8/9mm thick.

Takes a long time to do them as the planks have to be glued together and then planed and then milled. This ones not for sale as it has a few defects. Probably looking at £25 + p&p for 9" but will need finishing with some sort of wood treatment.

Oh very nice :)

When you get round to making a 9"er you can put my name down for it.

If you want the funds up front to help with sourcing the materials let me know and I'll BT or PPG some money over to you.

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 17:02 #9 

Mad-Monkey
I have some materials for a 9" I'll start making one and let you know when I'm done. It will need finishing though with some sort of varnish/wax etc... Is that ok?

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 17:16 #10 

kandyman
Monk wrote:I have some materials for a 9" I'll start making one and let you know when I'm done. It will need finishing though with some sort of varnish/wax etc... Is that ok?

Yes Mr Monk that'll be fine.

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 17:22 #11 

Mad-Monkey
Ok, I'll make a start :)

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 17:38 #12 

kandyman
Monk wrote:Ok, I'll make a start :)

Ok, no rush I'm not going to pay you overtime ;)

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 17:40 #13 

Mad-Monkey
Can I apologise to anyone waiting for badges, the new wood has arrived and I'm now cracking on with things. Things have been a bit hectic with fitting in about 10million projects!

Posted 09 Jul 2012, 22:37 #14 

kandyman
No need for apologies.

I'm just plodding along doing my thing, just about when you require some funds :)

Posted 10 Jul 2012, 09:46 #15 

Mad-Monkey
Cheers Andy, yours is on the production table at the moment so not too far off completion :)

Posted 10 Jul 2012, 09:58 #16 

jdchap20
Hi I know this is an old post, but are you still making this badges ? I would like a rover one about 6 inches if I could have a price delivered please.

Posted 05 Jul 2016, 21:45 #17