MG Badges cheaper alternative by Trebor

Trebor
The cost of OEM MG badges is expensive ( around £17 ) and not only that but the quality is such that 12 months after replacement you need another, so I have been looking for a cheaper option for my ZT

I found these on E bay and thought i would give them a try:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-OEM-Bur ... 415596704e

The problem was they don’t advertise an MG badge with a cream background like the OEM colours so I contacted the seller who was more than happy to make one with a cream background and I ordered a couple.

These are badge inserts so you don’t have to mess about removing the old badge, but simply stick the insert over the old badge, and you get both front and back for a fiver !

Before I found the seller I had already replaced my front badge with a metal insert so have not used one of these new types on the bonnet but i did fit the rear one today as pictures below and was very impressed and could recommend these – if you want some order the colour that appears on e bay but message the seller to ask for the cream background ones as he doesn’t intend to put the cream ones on e bay for some reason but is happy to supply them

Original faded badge

New one

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Nov 2011, 21:09 #1 

starbug2
nice , thank fully bev's mg badges are ok . it is a shame so many are very faded

Posted 20 Nov 2011, 09:08 #2 

Trebor
almost a month since fitting and have already been exposed to sun, rain, sleet, frost and cold and looking as good as new, ok still early days for longevity but i can recommend these
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 11:13 #3 

PaulT
Very nice transformation
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 16:37 #4