MG 6 Review 2015 by woolleysox

woolleysox
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 11 Apr 2015, 07:52 #1 

Bernard
No petrol engine! So that's off my list then.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 11 Apr 2015, 10:31 #2 

Borg Warner
No coupé, no roadster, no sporting saloon; not what MG is about.

More Austin Maxi or Morris Marina, just family saloons. Why but a "sporting" brand if you are going to produce boring family cars? CK must be turning in his grave.

Gary M.

Posted 12 Apr 2015, 11:34 #3 

Duncan
If your biggest market is China, they won't give a monkeys about the brand heritage, since they don't know it.

Posted 12 Apr 2015, 11:36 #4 

Borg Warner
You're right Duncan, they don't care; no need. Production has now stopped of the Roewe 750(?) and the MG7(?) I believe, which may well have sold over here. They've not even bothered with any parts supply as such, just cut it all dead! Now just having a diesel engined version of the MG6 (just when diesels are becoming less popular) seems another bizarre decision to me.

They have been testing an SUV over here I understand, might be interesting, I might even be tempted, but....

In this month's EMG magazine there's an article on the closure of Longbridge and what is left. Rumours are there could be more redundancies, I suspect that once SAIC are up and running with their own R&D any similar work over here will finish. Call me a cynic!

Gary M.

Posted 12 Apr 2015, 14:21 #5 

Duncan
Well I was really suggesting the customer base they are targeting wouldn't care, but the result is the same.

Posted 12 Apr 2015, 14:37 #6