Message for Monk by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi Dave
Question about Trip computer.
Will the range sort itself out after a few trips? Showing 274 miles left on half a tank. If only. :lol: All the other functions are correct.

Posted 25 May 2010, 08:43 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Should do Mick, mine varies erractically sometimes, it usually needs a couple of fill ups to correct itself. As the fuel runs low the range starts losing miles by the second to catch up. I've had the range record over 1000 miles :D

Posted 25 May 2010, 08:46 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thought that might be the case. Should be total about 360. As long as I keep light foot on the loud pedal. :) Thanks.

Posted 25 May 2010, 08:54 #3 

Jürgen
Mick, IIRC there's a function within the diagnostic mode of the IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) to adjust the shown average MPGs. After some brim to brim measurements you should be able to see what the deviation really is. Then you can change the variable if necessary.

Posted 25 May 2010, 21:38 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Jürgen wrote:Mick, IIRC there's a function within the diagnostic mode of the IPK to adjust the shown average MPGs. After some brim to brim measurements you should be able to see what the deviation really is. Then you can change the variable if necessary.

Thanks Jürgen, I'll do that. :)

Posted 26 May 2010, 08:20 #5 

GagHalfrunt
360 miles? I've never got that out of my 190 although oddly my economy has improved all by itself from 280miles/tank to 320miles.

Methinks a VIS (Variable Intake System) motor might have started working again, pesky things!

I have a new IPK to fit too - nice birthday pressie!

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 18:57 #6 

Mad-Monkey
GagHalfrunt wrote:360 miles? I've never got that out of my 190 although oddly my economy has improved all by itself from 280miles/tank to 320miles.

Methinks a VIS motor might have started working again, pesky things!

I have a new IPK to fit too - nice birthday pressie!

Aircon off, light foot, and constant nice speed of 50ish will see you 400miles ish. A very boring 400 miles but doable! :mrgreen:

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 19:04 #7 

GagHalfrunt
LOL, I didn't buy this car for "boring"! :)

I still feel my poor economy is the VIS stuff - need to get the Balance VIS sorted.

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 20:17 #8 

Mad-Monkey
GagHalfrunt wrote:LOL, I didn't buy this car for "boring"! :)

I still feel my poor economy is the VIS stuff - need to get the Balance VIS sorted.

Both mine are duff, no effect on MPG. I'm sure I read it can have a positive effect on mpg and increase it slightly.

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 20:26 #9 

Tazman3
Monk wrote:
GagHalfrunt wrote:LOL, I didn't buy this car for "boring"! :)

Both mine are duff, no effect on MPG. I'm sure I read it can have a positive effect on mpg and increase it slightly.

i did a trip down to Portsmouth recently with working Vis motors...

One tank of petrol from Glasgow to Portsmouth 458 miles....petrol light came on five mins before i arrived at my destination....thats doing a steady 70 ish MPH on the motorway..

Martin

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 11:09 #10