Message Centre Upgrade by carlpenn

carlpenn
I want to upgrade the Instrument Cluster in my Tourer to a Message Centre one. I have seen on Rimmers this item in Kph: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-YAC003800LNF
Is it possible to remove the KPH Dial and replace with the MPH Dial from the existing Speedometer in the Tourer (or even off my V6 Cluster) if so is it easy to do?

I know I will need a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) Session too, therefore if any members have teh ability to do this, how much would you want for doing it :)

Regards

Carl.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 14:58 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
This one although said to be for petrol models, the picture shows as being for diesel. I'm pretty sure this is an error but just in case it may well be worth giving Les a call to double check.
Les, SMC Trading.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-BRAN ... 1229wt_743

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 15:21 #2 

carlpenn
Cheers Mick, It is ironic that Les had loads of Diesel ones for sale at one time, now that I have a diesel, there doesn't seem to be any :p
Upgrades:

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 15:24 #3 

Mad-Monkey
I can do it Carl. Where abouts in the country are you?

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 17:40 #4 

Jürgen
carlpenn wrote:Is it possible to remove the KPH Dial and replace with the MPH Dial from the existing Speedometer in the Tourer (or even off my V6 Cluster) if so is it easy to do?

I intended to do this myself the other way round, Carl, when the LCD of the message centre needed to be replaced. Somewhere I've read that someone had already done this by carefuly removing the needles. So it can be achieved. All you do risk is about £40-50, should it go wrong.

I sourced an MG/mph version for a reasonable price, which should receive the old Rover/kph dials. But before I got started, I found this bargain at Rimmer Bros. and simply swapped the whole IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)), selling the MG one on.

BTW the total mileage displayed in the lower part of the IPK is kilometers or miles, depending on the market settings which can be changed with a T4 session.

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 17:41 #5 

carlpenn
Thank you Jürgen and Monk.

Tourer is starting to feel the way I want now :) Fitted my Wood Dash from teh saloon this afternoon, and did lots of other bits, stripped out the nasty carpet and put the one form teh saloon in. Looking better every day :D
Upgrades:

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 22:18 #6