Meets by nick nick (Page 1 of 2)

nick nick
Do the Boys & Girls on here have any meets arranged .

One other thing I have searched & searched for this donate button so i can
order the club sticker but i cant find the little begger
LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES....BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE PRICKS

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 10:49 #1 

MrDoodles
nick nick wrote:Do the Boys & Girls on here have any meets arranged .

One other thing I have searched & searched for this donate button so i can
order the club sticker but i cant find the little begger

You'll find that there is a "bleed-over" from the other site, apart from their "Official" meets, where they have to arrange public liability insurance......

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 10:53 #2 

kandyman
Hi there,

At the top of the home page there is a " help keep the ship afloat" if you click on it you should be taken off to the donate page, I believe we are just in the process of ordering a new batch of stickers so there will a slight delay.

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 11:11 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The Community does not organise meets, we may do in the future. Members organise, the community forum facilitates. :). After all the Community is all about the members, not the admins. ;)

You will not be seeing the donate banner at the top of the front page as you are still using the 2011 forum theme (this will be switched off very shortly). If you choose to you can switch to the current new version theme from your user control panel. Where you will find the banner at the top of the front page.
On second thoughts, allow me to switch you over. :) Save you the trouble of doing it.

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 11:24 #4 

Zeb
Meets? Er YES!!!

I AM on it..ok!? :-D

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 12:27 #5 

Tourerfogey
Mick wrote:The Community does not organise meets, we may do in the future. Members organise, the community forum facilitates. :). After all the Community is all about the members, not the admins. ;)

You will not be seeing the donate banner at the top of the front page as you are still using the 2011 forum theme (this will be switched off very shortly). If you choose to you can switch to the current new version theme from your user control panel. Where you will find the banner at the top of the front page.
On second thoughts, allow me to switch you over. :) Save you the trouble of doing it.

What's all this about the '2011 forum theme'??????????????????? How do I know if I'm looking at that or the new version ??????????????????????????????

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 12:37 #6 

Tourerfogey
Ooooh right - found it and updated - seems a bit 'in yer face' but I guess I'll get used to it . . . .

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 12:40 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
About time too. I don't know, kids. :lol:

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 12:43 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:Meets? Er YES!!!

I AM on it..ok!? :-D

Good man.............. now just hurry up before the summer is over.

Hmm perhaps it'll never get started. :(

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 12:45 #9 

Bernard
The Community is a strong supporter of the Midlands Nano Meets which is independent and has no axe to grind with any of the forum/clubs. I don't know where you are based but everyone is most welcome at these meets.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 12:58 #10 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:The Community is a strong supporter of the Midlands Nano Meets which is independent and has no axe to grind with any of the forum/clubs. I don't know where you are based but everyone is most welcome at these meets.

Yes - we likes nano-meets :lol: where else can you get your car ripped apart by well-meaning amateurs?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 13:20 #11 

Bermudan 75
Only 38,555 minutes to go until the next Wolves Nano-meet.

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 13:27 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Many and various inter forum and independant meets listed here.

all-meets-and-events.html

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 13:44 #13 

Gate Keeper
I donated last year. Any chance of a sticker for my car in London?

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 15:33 #14 

mark d3
Bernard wrote:The Community is a strong supporter of the Midlands Nano Meets which is independent and has no axe to grind with any of the forum/clubs. I don't know where you are based but everyone is most welcome at these meets.

i can strongly recommend the nano meets,been to quite a few now,best meets i have ever attended
mark

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 20:26 #15 

RhodieBill
I have to say that in a year and a half of ownership I have never seen a 'Nano-Meet' in the Hampshire/Dorset/Sussex location. They look quite interesting I have to say, but they always seem miles away.
Is there any planned locally?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 16:48 #16 

Duncan
RhodieBill wrote:I have to say that in a year and a half of ownership I have never seen a 'Nano-Meet' in the Hampshire/Dorset/Sussex location. They look quite interesting I have to say, but they always seem miles away.
Is there any planned locally?

They are planned by locals, though. So a few of you from your area need to get together and do it. The Midlands crew don't plan them down your way.

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 17:28 #17 

raistlin
You don't have to start off with two-day international meets with accommodation etc. Bill :lol: That sort of thing develops over time and with experience of local conditions.

The nano-meet concept began with two or three cars meeting at someone's house and might be a place for you to start. How they develop is dependant on how many people are interested and what facilities are available locally.

I for one, and I expect most of the other nano-meeters who are scattered over the forums, would be happy to answer questions and assist if it would help.

Of course, you're more than welcome to attend the Midlands events :)
Paul

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 17:36 #18 

pob06
raistlin wrote:
Yes - we likes nano-meets :lol: where else can you get your car ripped apart by well-meaning amateurs?

Yup, blink and your rear bumpers off ;-) :-)

I was really amazed at the Teddy Bears nano I went too, great day out.

Top stuff.
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 17:39 #19 

raistlin
pob06 wrote:Yup, blink and your rear bumpers off ;-) :-)

Or your BCU (Body Control Unit) is torn out... whether you wanted it to be or not :lol:
Paul

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 17:51 #20