Mats on top of Mats by Dallas

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dallas
Yes as the subject states 'Mats on top of Mats' :lol:

Does anyone else protect their original Rover 75 car mats with other mats on top, or is it just me who is slightly mad.

When purchased my 75! the car 's interior was immaculate (carpet etc), so obviously want to keep it that way. So I went out and purchased some Pro-Drive rubber car mats to place over the original Rover 75 Mats, its been just over a year of ownership and still that spotless carpet is still spotless and like new..................... well done me...... :clap:

Anyone else paranoid like me? :rolling:

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 19:59 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I have MG embroidered mats during the dry times and MG embossed rubber mats for the other 11 months of the year. :)

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 20:10 #2 

Cowley_MOA
Well...
Mine came with a set of Genuine 'standard' Mats in Sandstone. I then purchased a set of Genuine 'premium' mats in Sandstone. I then put the Premium mats underneath the Standard ones and then to protect the standard ones I have a Honda Civic mat on top :D

I am sad....
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 20:15 #3 

Duncan
Get the genuine Rover 75 rubber mats to put on top of the genuine carpet ones!

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 20:16 #4 

Dallas
aaaarrrrhhh! so I'm not the only one then, thats something to tell the wife and kids. :lol:

Obviously the mats are there to protect the car's carpet, so don't really matter if the mats get grubby. OH! NO! he says, I want to actually protect the original car mats with other MATS on top :lol: Nutter!

Thanks guys! I'm not the only one then.

But where do you stop?
Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats..
Now there is no leg room. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 20:28 #5 

James.uk
Ah! That reminds me, I must get some mats to protect my worn mats from further wear... or something... :roll:

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 20:56 #6 

JohnDotCom
With Wilton/Axminster carpets a mat on top will put wear on carpet,
as advised by Carpet Manufacturers.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 21:20 #7 

Dave Goody
Also makes the car more economical as you cant press the accelerator down so far! Mind you, could extend your stopping distance too? :o

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 08:39 #8 

Chartermark
Dallas wrote:Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats..
Now there is no leg room. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Know how you feel!

I used to have so much, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam spam and spam, spam on spam that I couldn't find a plate big enough!

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 17:38 #9 

SpongeBob
Chartermark wrote:
Dallas wrote:Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats on top of Mats..

Know how you feel!

I used to have so much, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam spam and spam, spam on spam that I couldn't find a plate big enough!

Would you like an egg with that? :lol: :gmc:

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 18:05 #10 

Jürgen
Dallas wrote:Yes as the subject states 'Mats on top of Mats' :lol:

Why? :confused:
In this way you'll never be able to enjoy the original beauty. Cover them up or replace them, when they're worn. Not before. ;)

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 19:52 #11 

Jürgen
Mick wrote:I have MG embroidered mats during the dry times and MG embossed rubber mats for the other 11 months of the year. :)

A whole month? :o
IIRC someone told me it's just 3 days. :D

:gmc:

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 19:53 #12