Mat fixing clips wanted. by itschad1954

itschad1954
Hello people. I'm looking to get some car mat fixing clips for my Rover 75. Looking for four to stop the blighters doing a runner. Anybody got some lying about or can you suggest where i can get them.
Thanks
Trevor

Posted 24 Feb 2013, 21:59 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
OEM clips have not been available for many moons, I'm not even sure they were sold without mats as they were designed to work with mats with a pre-made and stitched holes, in most cases it was only the drivers side that was secured. However, I have found http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-FLOOR-MAT ... 2ebfbdb2f7 which look like they may do the job, fully guaranteed and refundable.

Posted 24 Feb 2013, 22:49 #2 

MrDoodles
It may be worth a quick phone call to South Lakes, as they are showing them on their website! ;)

http://www.southlakesminis.co.uk/clipfl ... 14701.html

However, we all know how accurate their website is! :roll:

Posted 25 Feb 2013, 09:35 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Well spotted Mr D. They are the OEM type for mats with pre-made holes.

EAK100040.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 25 Feb 2013, 11:30 #4 

itschad1954
Thanks fellers. You guys are a wealth of information. Just done some research, apparently on the 1.8 engines ( you know the ones. they suffer HGF (Head Gasket Failure)) because of constantly opening the expansion tank cap to check water levels the O ring seals wear thus encouraging water loss, lose a teaspoonful and its like playing Russian roulette. I just bought a spare with 140 stamped on it,
PART NUMBER: ESR1480 and sourced some Viton O ring seals to replace those on my current cap. The spare will sit in the spare wheel cave.

Posted 25 Feb 2013, 20:35 #5 

Bermudan 75
Mick wrote:Well spotted Mr D. They are the OEM type for mats with pre-made holes.

EAK100040.jpg

I think I have some of these, but could not see where they screwed into on the floor.

Posted 25 Feb 2013, 21:24 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
They screw into the main carpeting wherever the the holes in the mats are set, not the floor.

Posted 25 Feb 2013, 21:56 #7 

ceedy
apparently on the 1.8 engines suffer HGF because of constantly opening the expansion tank cap to check water levels the O ring seals wear thus encouraging water loss, lose a teaspoonful and its like playing Russian roulette.

That Sounds like information from out of a Chrisymas Cracker !! :-D :-D
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 26 Feb 2013, 09:53 #8 

itschad1954
The above post I put on another site a few days ago after considerable research. I have sourced another expansion tank cap as a spare and will get a set of VITON O Ring seals to replace the ones on my current cap. So two good caps. see ebay listing below.

Rover 75 & MG ZT Coolant Pressure Cap VITON O Ring Seals Expansion Header Tank

Item number: from ebay

As regards to these elusive mat fixings, Southlakes minis do not keep the original clips. Up a gumtree then.

Posted 26 Feb 2013, 14:50 #9 

Suffolk Man
i have a pair the same as in the picture. pm me if you want them

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 21:58 #10 

Suffolk Man
post edited as a found a pair

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 12:54 #11