Maglite Torches by stevemac (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

stevemac
Fed up of buying cheap plastic torches I decided to push the boat out and get a Maglite torch from here. http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/

I bought the 6 D cell Incandescent version. What a fantastic bit of kit, very impressed with build quality and beam strength. So good in fact, I went back and bought a 2 D cell for the car. Recommended. :thumbsup:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 08:03 #1 

DeuxGazoles
stevemac wrote:Fed up of buying cheap plastic torches I decided to push the boat out and get a Maglite torch from here. http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/

I bought the 6 D cell Incandescent version. What a fantastic bit of kit, very impressed with build quality and beam strength. So good in fact, I went back and bought a 2 D cell for the car. Recommended. :thumbsup:

The 6 cell ones are also good for fending off the natives :lol:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 08:06 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Maglites are good, but now I have a Fenix. Knocks the socks off my old 4D maglite, and only runs on two AA batteries. Downside is cost :(

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 08:09 #3 

Bernard
I can lose an expensive torch just as easily as a cheap one. :(
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 08:21 #4 

stevemac
DeuxGazoles wrote:
stevemac wrote:Fed up of buying cheap plastic torches I decided to push the boat out and get a Maglite torch from here. http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/

The 6 cell ones are also good for fending off the natives :lol:

Including foxes
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 08:38 #5 

stevemac
Bernard wrote:I can lose an expensive torch just as easily as a cheap one. :(

Even you Bernard would be hard pushed to lose one that was almost a metre long :gmc:
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 08:40 #6 

Bernard
stevemac wrote:

Even you Bernard would be hard pushed to lose one that was almost a metre long :gmc:

It's not how long it is, it's what you do with it. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 09:36 #7 

stevemac
Bernard wrote:
stevemac wrote:

It's not how long it is, it's what you do with it. ;)

That's a myth :roll:
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 11:46 #8 

calibrax
If it's a torch you want, then go for one of these...

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/01/wicke ... is_bri.php

so bright it will burn paper or fry an egg... and the batteries only last for 15 minutes!
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 17:55 #9 

Jürgen
These Maglites are really good. And the LED (Light Emitting Diode) ones are even better. :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 19:05 #10 

stevemac
Jürgen wrote:These Maglites are really good. And the LED ones are even better. :thumbsup:

Yes, the LED one was out of my price range, but very happy with the performance of the normal bulb. Mine has also been engraved with my name. Cool!
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 20:14 #11 

DeuxGazoles
stevemac wrote: Mine has also been engraved with my name. Cool!

Flash git or should that be flash-light git hohohohohoho :lol:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 20:18 #12 

suzublu
just seen a torch on ebay with Rover badge & designed to fit the centre console with self charging.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 20:34 #13 

DeuxGazoles
suzublu wrote:just seen a torch on ebay with Rover badge & designed to fit the centre console with self charging.

G.I.B.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 20:35 #14 

Jürgen
suzublu wrote:just seen a torch on ebay with Rover badge & designed to fit the centre console with self charging.

One of these little flat ones? I had such a torch fitted in the glove box of my last Rover 400. But the rechargeable battery didn't last long, as it will be charged every time the ignition is on. And you can't replace it. :(

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 20:44 #15 

suzublu
DeuxGazoles wrote:

G.I.B.

Howay Col,giz a clue? :confused:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 20:54 #16 

DeuxGazoles
suzublu wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote:

G.I.B.

Howay Col,giz a clue? :confused:

Get It Bought

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 21:03 #17 

suzublu
aaawwwwwww.i see! :clap:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 21:06 #18 

Mad-Monkey
Jürgen wrote:

One of these little flat ones? I had such a torch fitted in the glove box of my last Rover 400. But the rechargeable battery didn't last long, as it will be charged every time the ignition is on. And you can't replace it. :(

There was a how-to on a BMW forum about replacing the battery for a lithium one, and changing the bulb to an LED. Made the torch useable! Not sure where the link is posted though :confused:

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 06:42 #19 

stevemac
Monk wrote:
Jürgen wrote:

There was a how-to on a BMW forum about replacing the battery for a lithium one, and changing the bulb to an LED. Made the torch useable! Not sure where the link is posted though :confused:

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/137453 :thumbsup:
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 06:52 #20