Loss of Power by dmortimer

dmortimer
My facelift CDTi will not pull and it hates hills. Revs well but no oomph. I suspect the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) does this sound right before I shell out, it has a new air filter and fuel filter. Please help !!
Dave.

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 09:34 #1 

Duncan
Try disconnecting the MAF and see if it improves. If yes it's probably the MAF yes.

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 10:39 #2 

PaulT
The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) can also have an effect
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 14:59 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Not forgetting the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve)
Or maybe it is a combination of all.

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 15:19 #4 

dmortimer
Thanks every one. Lots to check, I will disconect the Maf tonight and give that a try and I have a new PCV waiting to go in, I didn't realise that the Pcv could affect running. I think that Mick may have a point and I should look at the EGR. Covers everything. Only had the car 8 months, love it and this site has been really useful so far. Thanks.
Dave

Posted 27 Apr 2012, 06:52 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Also dont forget the O-rings and clean the MAP sensor too all helps in the long run Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 29 Apr 2012, 02:27 #6 

dmortimer
Thanks again to all that have helped. Progress so far, new MAF is on order, in the post somewhere, new PCV in place and ERG cleaned, result !, the car is already more responsive,getting back to how it should be. O rings are top of the "to buy" list.
Dave.

Posted 02 May 2012, 07:14 #7 

dmortimer
Happy ending !O rings replaced with viton rings, a new Bosch MAF (£129 postage included, from the MAF shop in Berlin) and now the car is returned to health, result.
Dave

Posted 10 May 2012, 07:54 #8 

Duncan
Good news. Thanks for letting everyone know the outcome.

Posted 10 May 2012, 08:20 #9 

takestock
Always nice to see a thread completed. Thanks for the feedback :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 May 2012, 09:52 #10