• Related topics: (no related topics)

JakeWilson
View eBay item 250773670118

Very nice but 'ow much!?

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 14:43 #1 

Bernard
I do like the front bumper, no chrome!
Just right for the ZT.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 19:01 #2 

Duncan
Might have to pop in and have a look.

Their cars are ALWAYS stupidly priced IMO. When I was looking to buy an 800 (but got the 75) I popped in a couple of times and left laughing.

And for them to say they are a main dealer is pushing it. I tried a couple of times to get parts, and they don't even have access to a parts list (EPC) or at least they didn't a couple of years ago.

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 19:12 #3 

jamesgreen
darn i thought i saw this one first on fleabay nice looking car but a tad overpiced

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 21:37 #4 

James.uk
Always looks odd to me when I see mg estate cars. I always associate MG's with sport cars.... :confused: Times change huh.. :?

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 21:37 #5 

Duncan
If it sells for that, the original owner will be kicking themselves.....

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 22:14 #6 

kandyman
That's nice, but i do have a thing for the Premium bumper ;)

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 22:20 #7 

RRobson
i wouldnt consider that too overly priced. where else can you car a 3 year (well, registered 3 years ago) old sports estate with less than 6500 miles for less than £9k? youd be hard pushed, and its probably already a third its original asking price...
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 22:51 #8 

Duncan
RRobson wrote:i wouldnt consider that too overly priced. where else can you car a 3 year (well, registered 3 years ago) old sports estate with less than 6500 miles for less than £9k? youd be hard pushed, and its probably already a third its original asking price...

Ah, but with anything else, I'd stand a chance of getting spare parts if it went wrong. If something goes wrong with this, there are zero spares available for some pretty major systems. Just ask the guy in the US who has a few with the Engine ECU (Engine Control Unit) missing.....

Posted 15 Feb 2011, 08:06 #9 

Tourerfogey
Duncan wrote:
RRobson wrote:i wouldnt consider that too overly priced. where else can you car a 3 year (well, registered 3 years ago) old sports estate with less than 6500 miles for less than £9k? youd be hard pushed, and its probably already a third its original asking price...

Ah, but with anything else, I'd stand a chance of getting spare parts if it went wrong. If something goes wrong with this, there are zero spares available for some pretty major systems. Just ask the guy in the US who has a few with the Engine ECU missing.....

And those prophets of doom who love to say 'It's a Rover (MG), you'll never get parts for it now', would actually be correct . . .

How irritating!

Posted 15 Feb 2011, 18:07 #10 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:I do like the front bumper, no chrome!
Just right for the ZT.

i like chrome , if i ever get one i'll chrome it up and put wood it it :gmc: i like the front end though

Posted 15 Feb 2011, 20:25 #11 

Zeb
Duncan
Interesting article, and proves that you have to be careful about what you take as gospel.

In a thread about the car, I wrote that the throttle body looked like a Bosch one. Now it appears in this article as a fact.

Remember, I was guessing by the look, and maybe someone else has confirmed it, but a very good source of mine told me more recently that the system wasn't Bosch. Now he may be wrong too, but be careful what you take as fact from that article.

Posted 15 Feb 2011, 21:19 #13 

PaulT
A proud tradition, started by the independent Rover Co that prototypes were sold - I have owned 2 prototype P6s. Seems that a certain person in the company sold a number of them off.

I spotted the deliberate mistake in the article - pointing out it had no roof bars but a high level car....if I am not mistaken these were a delete option at no extra cost.

It is a shame that motor companies do not record the evolution of cars - when new they are just a disposable product but as time passes they become a hobby car with the associated interest that this generates.

And Duncan just shows what an influential chap you are.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 Feb 2011, 08:33 #14