Logitech... not logical by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
I downloaded the latest Logitech Setpoint drivers for my wireless keyboard and mouse.

Installation went reasonably well until the software disabled the wireless link to the keyboard and put up a message asking you to enter a 15 digit key code... VIA THE KEYBOARD :evil:

Genius... sheer genius.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 13:21 #1 

SpongeBob
Well, genius indeed. I do recall a similar thing happening to my a couple of years back. At the time though the keyboard still functioned and the code entering was to create a secure connection between the keyboard and the PC. However, if they've now gone and disabled the wireless link then they've kinda shot themselves in the foot somewhat :whump:

Can you use the on-screen keyboard to enter the code or have they ben clever and disabled that functionality too?

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 13:32 #2 

raistlin
I re-booted and did a system restore Simon.

Contacted them and they replied immediately saying they were "aware" of the problem and a modified update was now available.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 13:53 #3 

Duncan
Unless it's changed, most Bioses have a similar thing.

Keyboard error. No keyboard detected. Press F1 to continue!

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 19:39 #4 

MrB
raistlin wrote:I downloaded the latest Logitech Setpoint drivers for my wireless keyboard and mouse.

Installation went reasonably well until the software disabled the wireless link to the keyboard and put up a message asking you to enter a 15 digit key code... VIA THE KEYBOARD :evil:

Genius... sheer genius.

As Ben Elton would no doubt say - yet another example of an item created by the "Ministry of Crap Design"
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 19:43 #5