Logic... of a sort by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

raistlin
There was a studio interview on local TV this morning and one of the subjects was the threatened reduction in 'middle class' benefits.

I don't know whether it was deliberate but the interviewee was a thing, best described as an Adam's apple on legs of some 24 years of age, whom, we were told, had 8 children, intended to father a total of 12 and had been on benefit since leaving school, receiving some £31000 per annum in benefits of one kind or another.

One of his comments was "I agree that the middle class should be hit and the working class left alone"

When asked to elucidate, he went on to define middle class as "those with a job" and when asked to define working class, "me, I'm working class" The crass stupidity of his argument was lost upon him.

The further thoughts of chairman chav were elicited and he was keen to see the Winter fuel allowance for the elderly removed. "I've got nuffin' aginst the oldies but when you fink abaht it, why should WE support them. They are a drain on the country and just take, take, take."

When asked what he thought his contribution to society was, his face clouded with the effort of thinking until suddenly there was a stroke of inspiration and he said "We are the future, innit?"

I fear for the future, I really do :(

Serves me right for watching daytime TV ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 12:24 #1 

MrB
raistlin wrote:I fear for the future, I really do :(

Serves me right for watching daytime TV ;)

:iagree:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 12:32 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Chemical castration and a frontal lobotomy should do the trick. Thankfully this type of cretin are a relatively small minority.

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 12:39 #3 

SpongeBob
I'm planning on building an island in the sun where we'll all be safe ;)

Worryingly though there are a number of the "working class" (to paraphrase our chav) that like nothing better than to spend most daytime afternoons sitting around in the local pubs, drinking our money with their (and this is the most worrying part) toddlers and babies. :panic:

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 13:37 #4 

JohnDotCom
I agree with above comments,
and personally think if you want kids then you should be responsible in earning enough money to keep them,
and not the state through benefits (paid by us!) :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 13:47 #5 

Bernard
Mick wrote:Chemical castration and a frontal lobotomy should do the trick. Thankfully this type of cretin are a relatively small minority.

Rather a large minority in this part of the world and you still can't find anyone competant to fill a job vacancy.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 14:25 #6 

Zeb
Mick wrote:Chemical castration and a frontal lobotomy should do the trick. Thankfully this type of cretin are a relatively small minority.

Seems a bit harsh just for watching daytime Tv.. :shock: :lol: :gmc:

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 14:26 #7 

Cowley_MOA
Zeb wrote:

Have you seen "Cash in the Attic" lately? :lol: :twisted:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 16:54 #8 

Dave
Why not force the chavvy wasters like said cretin in to work and let them support the "oldies" who have been paying their contributions for years which are allowing Mr Cretin to not have to work now...... :evil:

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 17:54 #9 

raistlin
Dave wrote:Why not force the chavvy wasters like said cretin in to work and let them support the "oldies" who have been paying their contributions for years which are allowing Mr Cretin to not have to work now...... :evil:

To be frank, I wouldn't trust the thing I saw on TV to boil a kettle of water. I certainly wouldn't think it worthy of any responsibility.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 18:12 #10 

Dave
Well, perhaps we can give them a job raising water to a Health and Safety conscious 50 degrees?

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 18:34 #11 

Duncan
Zeb wrote:

Harsh? I thought it was a precondition?

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 18:39 #12 

James.uk
I better stay out of this chat.... It takes me all my time not to "do a Trotsky" and set-up outside the Dorchester with a Vickers water cooled machine gun... :em:

The problem is with those making the rules innit.. :confused:

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 18:56 #13 

carlpenn
Bernard wrote:

Rather a large minority in this part of the world and you still can't find anyone competant to fill a job vacancy.

I am Competant.............. But I cannot find a Job, well - I can find jobs without problem, it's just getting someone to give me that Job which is the problem :(

I even got turned down for a Job in a Dulux Trade Centre.......... :(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 19:50 #14 

JohnDotCom
People that make a concerted effort to find a job, or find themselves being made redundant, are not who this thread are moaning about,
just the people that have no intentions to even try and just rely on ever increasing benefits as they produce more children.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 21:27 #15 

JakeWilson
I read with somewhat disgust about a man who was offered a job for a haulage firm,

He was due to earn about £450 a week,

But turned it down, because he could earn more on the dole.

It made me feel physically sick, but I know people who are just bone idle and would rather have it on a plate, yet seem to have more luxuries in their life than I do.

To my name I have the best part of £10k of debt, but I work my aris off to pay what little I can, when 60% of my earnings each month are taken up on paying rent for a room, at £600 in central london.

After a few beers I ask myself why I should bother - but at least I have my dignity!

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 21:56 #16 

takestock
JakeWilson wrote:I read with somewhat disgust about a man who was offered a job for a haulage firm,

It made me feel physically sick, but I know people who are just bone idle and would rather have it on a plate, yet seem to have more luxuries in their life than I do.

To my name I have the best part of £10k of debt, but I work my aris off to pay what little I can, when 60% of my earnings each month are taken up on paying rent for a room, at £600 in central london.

After a few beers I ask myself why I should bother - but at least I have my dignity!

Do you know Jake, for a posh bloke, your really not bad :clap: :clap:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 22:09 #17 

carlpenn
JohnDotCom wrote:People that make a concerted effort to find a job, or find themselves being made redundant, are not who this thread are moaning about,
just the people that have no intentions to even try and just rely on ever increasing benefits as they produce more children.

I know...... I just need a hug........ Jobhunting sucks....... and living off my wifes wage just makes it all the worse....... cuz we don't get the luxury of the benefits that the lazy folk do... :(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 23:48 #18 

JakeWilson
takestock wrote:
JakeWilson wrote:I read with somewhat disgust about a man who was offered a job for a haulage firm,

Do you know Jake, for a posh bloke, your really not bad :clap: :clap:

Cheers :cheers: Dave!

Jake

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 09:37 #19 

takestock
Just thinking about that statement, after a few beers I have difficulty in maintaining my dignity and usually end up snogging Mick............ :rolling:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 11:55 #20