Links by JakeWilson

• Related topics: (no related topics)

JakeWilson
Really small thing I know,

When you open a link, could it possibly open on a new browser window rather than the existing one?

If it's masses of hasstle, then please don't worry!

Best,

Jake

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 13:50 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
JakeWilson wrote:Really small thing I know,

When you open a link, could it possibly open on a new browser window rather than the existing one?

If it's masses of hasstle, then please don't worry!

Best,

Jake

Simon did answer this one some time ago, can't recall what he said about it. I'll see if i can find it.

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 14:36 #2 

James.uk
I get caught by that! :em: I forget and click the linkpage out via the X and then find myself in the car park outside!! Have to log back in again.. :cry: :em:

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 14:50 #3 

Dave
I feel the same and asked about this here but don't know if it got brought up again.....?

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 16:24 #4 

JohnDotCom
Afraid it cannot be done at present.
See below:

Unfortunately you cannot do this due to knowing which links go to external sites or those links which go to somewhere on here. Due to this you will have to stick with either right-clicking (or control-click on Mac) and selecting 'Open in new Window' or 'Open in new tab'.

Hope that helps.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 16:26 #5 

Dave
It's an answer, but not really sure that I understand it!!!

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 16:47 #6 

Jürgen
James.uk wrote:I get caught by that! :em: I forget and click the linkpage out via the X and then find myself in the car park outside!! Have to log back in again.. :cry: :em:

Just mark the box labeled "Log me on automatically each visit" and you're on the fast lane next time. ;)

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 17:42 #7