LinkedIn by kandyman

• Related topics: (no related topics)

kandyman
Anyone on LinkedIn ?

www.linkedin.com

LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking site. Founded in December 2002 and launched in May 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking. , LinkedIn had more than 60 million registered users, spanning more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.

Posted 27 May 2011, 20:18 #1 

Tourerfogey
I am a reluctant member - having been invited by a customer I felt obliged to sign up.

Posted 27 May 2011, 21:41 #2 

kandyman
You'll have to PM me your name so I can add you, that's if you want to of course :)

Posted 27 May 2011, 21:51 #3 

Tourerfogey
You have mail :D

Posted 27 May 2011, 22:18 #4 

kandyman
Added :)

Anyone else ?

Posted 27 May 2011, 23:29 #5 

Bermudan 75
Is it not just another generator of pointless emails? :confused:

Mike

Posted 28 May 2011, 07:04 #6 

kandyman
The only emails I have got have been from friends/work associates asking to be added to my network.

Posted 28 May 2011, 07:56 #7 

Duncan
Before I had added anyone to my network, I got a couple of emails asking me to be a consultant. The one I remember was about PCB (Printed Circuit Board) manufacturing, of which I know almost nothing.

Useful for keeping tabs on past and present work colleagues, especially in automotive as the same people tend to move around the different companies.

Posted 28 May 2011, 08:34 #8 

Tourerfogey
I've been a member for some time and I do not receive any pointless emails. Generally I just get a notification if someone has added themselves to someone else I know or if someone has requested to be added to my profile.

I said above that I reluctantly signed up after being invited by a customer but with hindsight my reluctance was unnecessary. True, I've not really exploited the site as such but in this day and age, rightly or wrongly, who you know can often count for a lot more than what you know.

Posted 28 May 2011, 13:00 #9 

JakeWilson
Only seen this, I am on LinkedIn and when I started in the city I was told to set up a profile on the first day.

As has been said, it is a great way of keeping tabs on people, also collating all your contacts. The other advantage is that your records of all your connections can be accessed anywhere - the LinkedIn iPhone app is very good (Not yet out for windows 7 mobile sadly!

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 00:51 #10 

Ragman
Yep I'm on there, used it a lot in my corporate days before the knife fell

Was pretty useful, ought to use it more to get back onto the treadmill really

Cheers

Colin

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 16:35 #11