Light at the end of the tunnel. by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
After we took on the black tourer for dad and his need for an auto diesel we have had no end of troubles, duff box, barely running, hidden engine change, strut tops fitted upside down leaking fuel lines the works etc...

However I got a call this evening that 3.5 months later following an engine out overhaul, box change the works, it passed it's MOT with no advisories and sporting a rather fetching set of 11 spokes.

Relieved the say the least, certainly the last time we'll buy a car off of the other side!!

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 21:45 #1 

DeuxGazoles
Great result there young'un I hope it behaves itself from now on
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 22:12 #2 

Duncan
Sounds like a bad one, glad it's good now.

It doesn't matter where you buy, if someone has been messing you will have a job and a half. I've had a couple of cars that caught me out, but at least Mr Bodgitt hadn't been to visit so the fixes were straightforward.

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 22:15 #3 

DeuxGazoles
This is what happens when you buy from that dodgy dealership Norfolk & Good used cars

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 22:20 #4 

JakeWilson
Thanks chaps,

needs a couple more jobs done before it's 100% but it's alot nearer than it was when we got it.

Naturally all private purchases are Caveat emptor, but the last purchase certainly has made me have to relearn the definition of 'lovely car' especially after all the assurances you get that buying a car from the OC is buying a loved one!

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 22:33 #5 

MN190
Glad to hear its on the mend.
Whats OC?

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 22:49 #6 

Cowley_MOA
Well done there Jake, I’m glad it’s sorted at last.

at least it didn’t come from Davenport Motor Company :D (Colin will get this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhkxtJAkQU
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 22:51 #7 

Zeb
Congratulations Jake.....glad you got her sorted...:)

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 22:57 #8 

DeuxGazoles
Cowley_MOA wrote:Well done there Jake, I’m glad it’s sorted at last.

at least it didn’t come from Davenport Motor Company :D (Colin will get this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhkxtJAkQU

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 23:09 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Well done Jake and Roland. Not something I would have undertaken, even in the days when I could be bothered. :D :D

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 23:09 #10 

JakeWilson
Mick wrote:Well done Jake and Roland. Not something I would have undertaken, even in the days when I could be bothered. :D :D

Thanks Mick! :-) It's certainly been more than either of us had envisaged, but hopefully will prove to be a good car! Getting involved wiht the auto's has got Dad interested in the 180s now oh dear!

Need to sort out with you for a car sticker, as Dad's went with the 190!

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 00:49 #11 

PaulT
My view, formulated from long association with classic car clubs is that members have an inflated idea of the value of cars and hence will pay more. Therefore, it is in the interest of Joe Bloggs wanting to sell a car to briefly join an owners club and market it there to get a better / over inflated price.

Perhaps ask for proof of how long they have been a member. However, long standing members may pass off a duff car, especially when the club is mainly Internet based so people are faceless.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 07:52 #12