LED Sidelights & The MOT?? by Simon (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Simon
loz1971 wrote:

Isn't this Mantiniak from the other side, I thought the LED (Light Emitting Diode) guy was his Feebay name, always asking him directly if you want LED's as he will sell them to you cheaper than he sells them on Feebay!! ;) ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is it, Oh well, Just my luck!! Hopefully I didn't pay too much over the odds. :hissyfit:
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 20:28 #21 

suzublu
Simon wrote:
suzublu wrote:
Simon wrote:Thanks Jim, that's correct, fitted these whilst at work, and drove home with my new sidelights on, No Error. Sweet.

Steve, They look great with Xenon's fitted, thanks for the heads up buddy, will change them out before the MOT. Not due till Oct, I can't stand the standard bulbs, and they burn out quite quickly.

Will have to get some hi-bright-super-fandango-ultra-white Dipped beam bulbs to match now!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers fella's

Hi Simon, i,ve got LED,s all over & in the dipped beam i have HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs which in my opinion, are at least 10 times better than halogen.They are 6000k brightness which give a lovely white light. :clap:

I'd love a set of Xenons. One Day!!
They,re not xenons as such,just replacement bulbs for your normal halogens! On sale on the bay for £40 -£60 Fit ballasts, replace bulbs & Bob,s your uncle or fanny,s your aunt! :thumbsup:

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 20:52 #22 

Simon
[/quote] They,re not xenons as such,just replacement bulbs for your normal halogens! On sale on the bay for £40 -£60 Fit ballasts, replace bulbs & Bob,s your uncle or fanny,s your aunt! :thumbsup:[/quote]

Ah I see. :o

I've seen these before.

Are they easy to fit??

Are they legal without headlamp washers??

Is the beam still adjustable with the headlight leveller??

Cheers

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 21:08 #23 

suzublu
Yes & yes,they are merely replacement bulbs in your normal lenses.I must say that they are not Xenon lights,they just replace bulbs like for like.well not really, the hid,s are a lot brighter,but if the lenses in your car are "normal" then the spread of light is no different, just better.This is my opinion & the decision is yours.

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 21:40 #24 

tigerchubs
Speaking as a recently re-qualified MOT tester it states that lights to the front must be correctly positioned and emit a steady mainly white light, or yellow if fitted within a yellow headlight. at least 50% of the light must be visible.

LED's are not mentioned as a reason for rejection.

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 19:27 #25 

Simon
suzublu wrote:Yes & yes,they are merely replacement bulbs in your normal lenses.I must say that they are not Xenon lights,they just replace bulbs like for like.well not really, the HID,s are a lot brighter,but if the lenses in your car are "normal" then the spread of light is no different, just better.This is my opinion & the decision is yours.

I'll put these on my wish list!! ;) ;)

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 13:53 #26 

Simon
tigerchubs wrote:Speaking as a recently re-qualified MOT tester it states that lights to the front must be correctly positioned and emit a steady mainly white light, or yellow if fitted within a yellow headlight. at least 50% of the light must be visible.

LED's are not mentioned as a reason for rejection.

Cheers for the heads up. :cheers:

Mights ask the Tester before he starts, see what he say's.

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 13:54 #27