Lap top advice by Martin

Martin
Hi can you help please, I have Mcafee security on my lap top which is as good as it gets I guess..........along side or with this came the site adviser which gives me a general advise of a sites trustworthiness you know Green good Yellow be careful Red do not touch and a ? for a site with no feed back . Now yesterday nearly all sites were ? however today most are back to green inc here but somewhere else is still ? and there are still a few that are is it me or do you think it is Mcafee I have thought about uninstalling it and reloading just to make sure.
Something else happened with my hotmail short cut when I went to the red box and cancelled the email page I was on then retired from the short cut it put me straight back to the page I was on not through the signing in page it was set to, I deleted the shortcut then reinstated a new one and all functions well now. Any Ideas about that one Ta very much.
Sorry it's so long

Martin

So now this short cut takes me straight in also when I was trying to sign in from a google search I went straight in tried on Christines laptop and i had to sign in so that was good turned off the lap top and have now restarted going in from a google search I have to sign in.......re first item Hotmail sign in on google or mcafee search shows a ? (??????) :angry:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 18 Feb 2011, 12:29 #1 

SpongeBob
My initial reaction would be that everythings okay. ;)

The service provided by McAfee to provide site feedback is probably not running properly hence the "unknown" status even on well-recognised websites.

Your shortcut link not working may very well be a change at Hotmail thus rendering your link invalid. Your actions in deleting and recreating it was the correct and sensible thing to do.

With regards being able to access your Hotmail via a link in search: Your browser stores "cookies" (little snippets of data) when you browse the internet. Hotmail like many websites - including this one - use cookies to keep you logged in, usually for a set duration. Hence being able to go directly to your mail box without needing to log back in.

Hope that helps. :)

Posted 18 Feb 2011, 14:46 #2 

Martin
Thanks I tend to get paranoid 'cos i don't know how to use these dam thingies, so halfway through a full scan and your reply I feel better will go for a lie down now...........Nurse pills please :nurse:

Posted 18 Feb 2011, 14:50 #3 

Zeb
Martin wrote:Thanks I tend to get paranoid 'cos i don't know how to use these dam thingies, so halfway through a full scan and your reply I feel better will go for a lie down now...........Nurse pills please :nurse:

Any worries Martin...just bring it with you when you visit and I will go over it for you.... :thumbsup:

Posted 19 Feb 2011, 12:45 #4 

Martin
Zeb wrote:
Martin wrote:Thanks I tend to get paranoid 'cos i don't know how to use these dam thingies, so halfway through a full scan and your reply I feel better will go for a lie down now...........Nurse pills please :nurse:

Any worries Martin...just bring it with you when you visit and I will go over it for you.... :thumbsup:

Ta muchly I will do that Saaaaay what are you up to with the190 you broke the breaks :shock: will lease soon :thumbsup:
will you just take a look at the way I spelt brakes :lol: I could be quite dangerous if I had stayed at school or at least stopped day dreaming :roll: LIAISE LIAISE :lol:

Posted 19 Feb 2011, 12:48 #5 

Zeb
Martin wrote:
Zeb wrote:

Ta muchly I will do that Saaaaay what are you up to with the190 you broke the breaks :shock: will lease soon :thumbsup:
will you just take a look at the way I spelt brakes :lol: I could be quite dangerous if I had stayed at school or at least stopped day dreaming :roll: LIAISE LIAISE :lol:

Reality is for those who cannot cope with the daydreaming.... ;)

Not broke the brakes...the pads are like new after 25k miles...but the disks are wafer thin....like them mints... :shock:

Posted 19 Feb 2011, 20:57 #6