Lack of integrity by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
I was chairing the mad-house today. Thats what we call the remand court where all cases first appear.

Anyway, to the point. I dealt with no less than four separate cases of postmen stealing mail today :(

If you can't trust a postman who can you trust? I wonder whether any background checks are done on them when they apply.

The one common factor today was that each of them had been employed for less than three months.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Jun 2011, 19:53 #1 

Duncan
A sad state of affairs.

But as I'm sure everyone will agree, there's another side to the coin. Our local postie is known so well, and has been the local man for so long, he's the 'celebrity' who is opening the village fete this year. He's very helpful with my multitude of fleabay deliveries too!

(did I really admit I live in a place that has a village fete?)

Posted 10 Jun 2011, 20:12 #2 

Last edited by Duncan on 10 Jun 2011, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Always a few bad apples. Thankfully we also have a small selection of posties that like their job and are most helpful. Ditto on the feted village. :em:

Posted 10 Jun 2011, 20:59 #3 

Bernard
Not as bad as our local copper who was found guilty of stealing from houses where the owners had informed him that they were on holiday. That was in the days when we had a local copper.

Doesn't every village has a fete?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 10 Jun 2011, 21:13 #4 

Dave Goody
Bernard wrote:Not as bad as our local copper who was found guilty of stealing from houses where the owners had informed him that they were on holiday. That was in the days when we had a local copper.

Doesn't every village has a fete?

And its normally worse than death :-D

Posted 11 Jun 2011, 17:05 #5 

geesmith
I recognised our new posty as a lad I went to school with so I feel confident that our deliveries are safe. Another lad that sat in our corner of the classroom was awarded a posthumus VC in the Falklands campaign.

We have one ex-customer who's cheques always go missing in the post....without fail....and the replacements....and his other suppliers cheques.

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 22:36 #6