Keep up-to-date with what's going on by SpongeBob

• Related topics: (no related topics)

SpongeBob
This site has full RSS (Really Simple Syndication) news-feeds for both new topics and replies to existing topics for those who wish to keep up-to-date with what's going on without having to browse the site. Ideal for those who are using mobile devices. The news feeds give you a snapshot of the post and a link inviting you to read more and respond yourself.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 09:05 #1 

Duncan
Is there a nice simple way to set this up?

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 08:47 #2 

SpongeBob
Sorry, I should have put the URL's in the post above. I'll add them when I get back home later. :)

Some browsers automatically recognise the feeds and will have a button somewhere to subscribe. Safari, for example, has a button in the address bar.

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 10:02 #3 

Duncan
Doh.

Always wondered what that button on IExplorer did!

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 10:47 #4 

Duncan
Whoa. Cool!

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 10:49 #5 

Bartonrover
Haven't a clue what you are all on about. (Don't worry, will ask my young son when he's home from school...)

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 13:00 #6 

Duncan
Could well be some setting I have, but the feeds don't seem to be updated. I'm using the RSS tool that displays on the desktop of Windows 7 (A gadget apparently) and this morning it's still only showing the stuff from yesterday.

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 08:30 #7 

SpongeBob
Sorry I never got back to this last night - went to bed early with a headache :(

Some RSS readers have options to set the frequency of updates. My RSS reader is 10 minutes so it mght well be some readers are set to hourly or even daily updating.

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 10:03 #8