Just wondering.... by Zeb

Zeb
Serious question...
If I have a 'Postage Paid' P.O.box address for a particularly rancid organisation....am I limited to sending only letters via this or could I send them something a tad more bulky perhaps? More importantly, will they have to pay the postage cost on said brick/s or whatever? :D

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 12:06 #1 

Bermudan 75
Don't know about a PO Box address, but if there is insufficant postage paid on an item the addressee will have to pay. If the excess postage is not paid the item is returned to the sender.

Does this help? :confused:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 12:14 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
From Wikipeadia.

Packages

If a parcel does not fit in a PO box, the postmaster will leave a note advising that customer to pick up that parcel from the counter. In some post offices, a key will be left in the PO box that corresponds to a larger, locked box where the patron may pick up his or her package if a signature is not required. Notes will also be left in the PO box in respect of COD and registered mail that has to be signed for.

Not sure whether this applies to UK. Maybe check with your local sorting office?

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 12:22 #3 

Tourerfogey
Zeb, I use a PO Box address for my business - if they have the basic box (like me) then it is intended only to accept letter and small packet post. Having said that I have had larger items sent to mine without any complaint or surcharge.

My advice is send them something smelly instead :D :lol:

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 13:18 #4 

Duncan
Rather reminds me of what I used to do with junk mail (until I registered with MPS).

I used to use the reply paid envelopes, to send the organisations each others junk mail. If nothing else, they had to employ someone to oepn it all and find out it was, well, junk.

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 13:23 #5 

JohnDotCom
Prepaid is only for pre paid weight by original sender (normally letter rate) so any extra weight would be refused as they don't pay extra payments and the said item would be returned to you Carl.
Oops see similar to earlier post.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 13:46 #6 

James.uk
Just wondering --- what devious dastardly plot Zeb is working on............ :lol:

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 15:04 #7 

Zeb
James.uk wrote:Just wondering --- what devious dastardly plot Zeb is working on............ :lol:

You know me James...never averse to a spot of 'direct action'.... :stirer:

Lots of helpful info chaps....I will see what I can do...... :D

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 16:24 #8 

Tourerfogey
Mick wrote:From Wikipeadia.

Packages

If a parcel does not fit in a PO box, the postmaster will leave a note advising that customer to pick up that parcel from the counter. In some post offices, a key will be left in the PO box that corresponds to a larger, locked box where the patron may pick up his or her package if a signature is not required. Notes will also be left in the PO box in respect of COD and registered mail that has to be signed for.

Not sure whether this applies to UK. Maybe check with your local sorting office?

It's not really an actual box you know ;)

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 16:49 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tourerfogey wrote:
Mick wrote:From Wikipeadia.

Packages

It's not really an actual box you know ;)

Hence my caveat. "Not sure whether this applies to UK." :whump: :D

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 16:59 #10 

James.uk
woo hoo Mick one TF nill heh heh...

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 17:10 #11 

Zeb
James.uk wrote:woo hoo Mick one TF nill heh heh...

Bet you'd've enjoyed a good crucifixion or an 'angin' wouldn't you James... :lol:

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 17:52 #12 

Tourerfogey
Now, now gentlemen, that's enough TF bashing for one day thankyou. :D

My 'box' is actually a 'space' on some metal racking under which there's a sticker with my name on it.

The biggest bone of contention is I have to pay Royal Mail nearly £100 per year to save them the trouble of delivering the mail directly to me :confused:

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 19:36 #13 

James.uk
Zeb.. He said.. >>>Bet you'd've enjoyed a good crucifixion or an 'angin' wouldn't you James... <<<

Yes indeedy Zeb, not too sure about the crucifixion though, takes too long..Now an angin or three would be fun over coffee n bikkies... :thumbsup:

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 23:36 #14