just a question by cymrudragon (Page 1 of 2)

cymrudragon
Would you find it strange if some one joined this site for enthusiasts just to sell there car ......and has no intention off offering nothing to the site other than a quick sale.......or is it me beeing suspitious......and are you allowed an opinion on this matter seams i wasnt ......

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 14:03 #1 

Zeb
cymrudragon wrote:Would you find it strange if some one joined this site for enthusiasts just to sell there car ......and has no intention off offering nothing to the site other than a quick sale.......or is it me beeing suspitious......and are you allowed an opinion on this matter seams i wasnt ......

You were allowed an opinion..as was I. Bottom line though was that the chap had followed the rules, paid his subscription and was legitimately advertising his vehicle...which one could argue he should be allowed to do without his thread being cluttered up with arguments for and against those rules. I would suggest starting a separate thread on t'other side - maybe in the 'feedback' section (rather than here) about the current system and how you would like to see it reformed. :)

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 14:14 #2 

cymrudragon
I fully get your point but at the time i thought it wasnt the correct thing to be allowed to do for a first post shurely a lenth of time has to pass befoure you are allowed to sell ........as you said well within the rule but there is no rule for this is there as for starting a new thread ..after the emails i had id rather not and probibly will not go to the site again ..posts were deleated for fear of upseting 2 members ...i had a opinion which didnt efect anyone other than the op but op faile to answer the post ....to me joining a enthusiast site is for owners of thease cars and not autotrader ......i was of the impreshion that you join to keep a car not to sell.........but this point for some reason upset a few and i was outcast for it well judging by the the emails

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 14:26 #3 

Zeb
cymrudragon wrote:I fully get your point but at the time i thought it wasnt the correct thing to be allowed to do for a first post shurely a lenth of time has to pass befoure you are allowed to sell ........as you said well within the rule but there is no rule for this is there as for starting a new thread ..after the emails i had id rather not and probibly will not go to the site again ..posts were deleated for fear of upseting 2 members ...i had a opinion which didnt efect anyone other than the op but op faile to answer the post ....to me joining a enthusiast site is for owners of thease cars and not autotrader ......i was of the impreshion that you join to keep a car not to sell.........but this point for some reason upset a few and i was outcast for it well judging by the the emails

I had an email too regarding the deletion of posts...mine principly dealt with the fact that the op should be allowed to go about his legitimate business without a debate on his advert not worries about upsetting peeps...I had no problem with that. :)

The op was unlikely to answer the post...after all, he is just there to sell his car.. :)

I wouldn't allow yourself to feel alienated from t'other side for the sake of one email....me? I have had LOADS of emails over the years about stuff I have said....and I am still a regular visitor... :lol:

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 14:36 #4 

Duncan
I didn't think there was any rule about joining before you can post on this site? I'm mean, you have to set up a username, but that's to help stop spam.

What does worry me is your suggestion that you are not being allowed your say. Not something that is normal round here. And posts being deleted? Again a first for this forum as far as I know.

Just confused now :confused: :confused:

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:30 #5 

kandyman
Duncan wrote:I didn't think there was any rule about joining before you can post on this site? I'm mean, you have to set up a username, but that's to help stop spam.

What does worry me is your suggestion that you are not being allowed your say. Not something that is normal round here. And posts being deleted? Again a first for this forum as far as I know.

Just confused now :confused: :confused:

I belive he's talking about the OC not here.

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:37 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'm not familiar with the issue at hand, however in relation to this particular site. If someone joins and appears to be here simply to sell their car then we have to welcome that as we make no rules regarding same. I would say, in a hypothetical case, the car / seller in question may be doing another member a favour by offering it here first, as long as the price is reasonable and there are no come backs. So in that sense the seller has put something into the site, i.e. favouring members over a quick sale by other means.
How any other site regards these issues should be down to the management and not descend into argument on the public forum.
Any civilised discussion in public on this forum regarding this type of issue is of course welcome as in our view everybody has a right to voice their opinion without hindrance.

@ Duncan. This is not something that has happened here it is in relation to another forum which shall remain nameless. The OP is simply attempting to gain some insight as most members here are members of said other forum.

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:39 #7 

Duncan
kandyman wrote:

OK. That explains it. I got mixed up as the post starts with the phrase ".... join this site....".

I'll go back to sleep now.

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:41 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Duncan wrote:
kandyman wrote:

OK. That explains it. I got mixed up as the post starts with the phrase ".... join this site....".

It is Sunday afternoon, you're allowed. :) :bed:

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:44 #9 

Zeb
Mick wrote:
Duncan wrote:
kandyman wrote:

It is Sunday afternoon, you're allowed. :) :bed:

Sunday afternoon...a quick spin in the V8 and now a large glass of hot mulled wine.....happiness... :thumbsup:

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:48 #10 

Martin
V8! I've had to put up with 'ers Corsa and a glass of water = :hissyfit:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:52 #11 

Zeb
Martin wrote:V8! I've had to put up with 'ers Corsa and a glass of water = :hissyfit:

Ah yes Martin but, correct me if I am wrong, that is what one calls *ahem* 'deferred gratification'.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:56 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:
Martin wrote:V8! I've had to put up with 'ers Corsa and a glass of water = :hissyfit:

Ah yes Martin but, correct me if I am wrong, that is what one calls *ahem* 'deferred gratification'.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oi watch your language. :D :D

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:58 #13 

Martin
OOOOOOOOOOOOh I hope so :roll:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 16:59 #14 

Zeb
Nowt like a bit of gratification on a Sunday afternoon.... ;)

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 17:03 #15 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:Nowt like a bit of gratification on a Sunday afternoon.... ;)

You lucky, lucky ........................................

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 17:08 #16 

cymrudragon
Mick wrote:I'm not familiar with the issue at hand, however in relation to this particular site. If someone joins and appears to be here simply to sell their car then we have to welcome that as we make no rules regarding same. I would say, in a hypothetical case, the car / seller in question may be doing another member a favour by offering it here first, as long as the price is reasonable and there are no come backs. So in that sense the seller has put something into the site, i.e. favouring members over a quick sale by other means.
How any other site regards these issues should be down to the management and not descend into argument on the public forum.

Hi mate yes that is your view and i fully respect you for that and wouldnt rebuff you for it...nor anyone else , what i posted was a reaction to another member beeing slaped for his view which at the time i thought it not called for he didnt make anycomment directed to anyone but got slated for it.....

Mick wrote:Any civilised discussion in public on this forum regarding this type of issue is of course welcome as in our view everybody has a right to voice their opinion without hindrance.

Glad you think this way every one has a right to there view within the bounds of deacency...and not have there posts removed due to a members disagreament even if the remarkes were from a member with a vested interest eg management .........i now know why so many left the site for a more open discussion type of site ....lick lick....

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 17:27 #17 

Jumper
I've often thought of myself as an owner. An enthusiastic one, true. Oh all right then an enthusiast for anything Rover, anything British or illegitimate-child-of sort of way ( in a non-judgmental or gender-specific or ethnic-origin blah.blah.blah. sort of way. You do have to be ever so careful these days). I joined here fully expecting any posts I make to be vetted for offending content. I have absolutely no problem with that and I haven't seen any like that so I assume the site regulators or moderators are doing an excellent job. Thank you.

Posted 10 Jan 2011, 15:02 #18 

Mick
(Site Admin)
In the 7 months we have been operating it has not been necessary to delete a post or admonish a member for any post made. We don't vet any post or thread, whatever is posted will always be left where it is unless the poster specifically requests that it be deleted or a request made by another member that considers such a post to be offensive in some way.. This has not happened and in any event if asked to delete a post we would just put the onus back on the poster as anyone can edit / delete their own posts.
The ethos here in this respect is based on trust. We, and by we I mean everybody, respect all others, and by doing so the tone of the entire forum remains as you have found it to be.
Glad to hear you enjoy the site.

Posted 10 Jan 2011, 16:29 #19 

takestock
Mick wrote:In the 7 months we have been operating it has not been necessary to delete a post or admonish a member for any post made. .

Ooooo....... I do like a challenge :mrgreen:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 15 Jan 2011, 16:11 #20