Feb 19, 2011: Update including the whole programme / schedule; please scroll a bit down.
Dear Rover 75/ MG ZT - Drivers,
From June 10 (Friday)-June 13 (Monday) 2011 (Whitsun) it is our intention to organize the next Meeting for all interested 75&ZT-Owners.
In the tradition of the Club Seventyfive (http://www.r75.info/) that means meeting friends again, making new contacts, cartalk and sightseeing.
This time we'll visit the "Vogtland" - a very nice, green & hilly county
in the middle of Germany in Saxony (a part of former East Germany / GDR). It's not far from the border to the Czech Republic & Bavaria. If some of you are interested in wintersports- you might know the ski-jump-arena in Klingenthal or the ski-area from MÃƒÂ¼hlleiten.
Our Hotel is the "IFA-Ferienpark" in 08261 SchÃƒÂ¶neck.
Details can be found under the following Link:
http://www.ifahotels.com/en/ifa-schonec ... npark.html
Ã‚Â· Situated on a hill so you have a very nice view.
Ã‚Â· Experience with carclubs and carmeetings so we have our own car park.
Ã‚Â· Various restaurants and bars.
Ã‚Â· Wellness, sauna.
Ã‚Â· Free use of the indoor swimming-pool.
Ã‚Â· Bowling and billiards.
Ã‚Â· Et etc.
Prices are: Ã¢â€šÂ¬ 46.- each (double-room) or Ã¢â€šÂ¬ 52.- single room/ night with Breakfast & Dinner - incl. free use of the hotel-owned indoor-swimming-pool. Hotel-costs are to be paid seperately by every participant at the day of departure.
We all know, that it's still a long time up to June 2011- but we already want to show you some parts of our planned program (the others will follow step by step).
So please take a look at the following sites:
To our opinion it will be an attractive and variated program with something for everyone !
If you want to participate, please enter your name here:
http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name=Fo ... pic&t=7206
http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name=Fo ... pic&t=7164
Please also mention with how many people you are coming.
We would be very pleased to hear from you !
Katrin Schimpf & Kay HÃƒÂ¶fer
(By the way: of course you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t but should you have any serious problems with your 75 / ZT; Rover Dealer Auto-Team Weber Zwickau will assist during the Meeting)
Feb 19, 2011: Update including the whole programme / schedule. Participation fee.
Detailed programme / schedule Ã¢â‚¬Å“Vogtland Meeting 2011Ã¢â‚¬Â 10-13 June 2011 (Whitsun).
Friday, June 10 th, 2011
- Individual journey by the participants to the hotel Ã¢â‚¬Å“IFA-Park-SchÃƒÂ¶neckÃ¢â‚¬Â (Hohe Reuth 5) in 08261 SchÃƒÂ¶neck. http://www.ifahotels.com/en/ifa-schonec ... npark.html
- Rooms available at 15.00 / before only after availability.
- Seperate parking for our cars but please pull a ticket at the barrier and drive to the hotel entrance. At the reception you will receive a key for your room and a parkingticket for your car. If you come with two cars please see to it that you receive two parkingtickets. (Parkingcosts of course will be 2 x Ã¢â€šÂ¬ 1,00 a day instead of Ã¢â€šÂ¬ 1,00 a day)
- After that an official welcome in the conferenceroom.
- (All) evening dinner(s) will be together between 18.00 and 21.00.
- After that we will have a drink in one of the bars / restaurants; those who like to can of course take a swim or a sauna or a walk.
Saturday, June 11 th, 2011
- After a good night sleep breakfast is served.
- 9.30 at the latest we expect all participants in the hotelentrance where we will be picked up by a historical bus.
( http://www.vogtland-tours.de/files/file ... hlight.pdf / http://www.vogtland-tours.de/files/file ... nblatt.pdf )
- At 10.00 we arrive at the Museum for Musical Instruments in Markneukirchen. We split up in two groups: one will have a guided tour through this museum for Instruments (Ã‚Â± 45 minutes); the other will visit the historical sawmill lying next to the Museum for Musical Instruments where the wooden bodies for violins and oboes etc etc are being made.
( http://www.museum-markneukirchen.de/eng ... nglish.htm )
- After that changing of the groups. There will also be enough time left to stroll around again and buy a souvenir; these are really worthwile.
- At 12.00 we continue our trip with the historical bus to the ski-jump-arena in Klingenthal ( http://www.vogtland-arena.de/en/ ). DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t worry, an elevator will bring us to the top. Peter Lange (if available), the former technician of the German National Ski-team with ski jumpers like Jens WeiÃƒÅ¸flog, Martin Schmidt, Sven Hannawald will tell us all about ski-jumping and the jumping technique.
- We will be back in the hotel at 14.30.
- Before dinner there is plenty of time to make your individual plans like:
1. Toboggan run at MÃƒÂ¼hlleiten.
2. Make a beautiful hiking tour from there to the remains of the Aschberg ski jump that was used during the DDR regime up to 1989 for international competitions.
3. (Electrical) bicycles can be rented at the hotel.
4. If you want to visit a nice cafÃƒÂ© or tearoom nearby, just ask.
5. Visit one of the museums (D.D.R. Museum WernitzgrÃƒÂ¼n, Open-air museum Eubabrunn etc etc etc)
6. Or just relax
- Exact time for Dinner will be announced as we return by the bus.
Sunday, June 12 th, 2011
- Again we depart from the hotel at 9.30, this time with our own Rover 75 or ZT.
- We will pay a short visit at the Heritage Museum SchÃƒÂ¶neck, where they show us how to make a good cigar. SchÃƒÂ¶neck was the centre of the cigar-industry up to the mid sixties.
( http://www.stadt-schoeneck.de/museum/index.htm )
- At 11.45 departure to the pit Tannenberg (Tin mining and after The Second World War Uranium mining) ( http://www.schneckenstein.de/ ). Unlike the large mines (World Heritage) in the so called Ruhrgebiet is this only a small one. Nevertheless very important: sturdy shoes and a warm jacket. Temperature down below: 5Ã‚Â°C only.
- We continue our trip at 13.00 again to Klingenthal where we park just before the built up area on the left (free public parking)
- Lunchbreak until 14.45. Klingenthal has various nice restaurants all with a reputable kitchen. Our suggestions:
1. Restaurant Ã¢â‚¬Å“FriedenshÃƒÂ¶heÃ¢â‚¬Â ( http://www.gaststaette-friedenshoehe.de/index.htm ). Comfortable and decent prices.
2. Restaurant Ã¢â‚¬Å“SchÃƒÂ¶ne AussichtÃ¢â‚¬Â with indeed a lovely view over the valley ( http://www.berggasthaus-klingenthal.de/page/index.php )
3. Restaurant Ã¢â‚¬Å“alte SchuleÃ¢â‚¬Â. Old building (1650) with arched vaults and interiordetails of a school before 1900. ( http://www.alte-schule-klingenthal.de/ ).
4. Restaurant Ã¢â‚¬Å“zum PostillionÃ¢â‚¬Â: historical restaurant (about 220 years old) with a lovely regional kitchen and interior ( http://www.zum-postillion.de/ )
- Before you visit one of the restaurants in Klingenthal we will be happy to inform you on the specialities of the region like the so called Sauerbraten and Rindsrouladen. As appetizer maybe the so called Schwammespalken (a sour mushroom soup) and as a drink of course a good beer !
- If you want to fill up cheap or buy cigarettes; the Czech border is in Klingenthal itself. Filling up is only cheaper for petrol, not for diesel. And if you need cigarettes, please also buy them at the petrolstation, because of the label and donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t let yourself be tempted to buy at some Ã¢â‚¬Å“obscureÃ¢â‚¬Â supplier, because you might be checked at the border by the customs !
- 14.45 at the latest we will be back at the public parking. Over a beautiful and steep panorama road we arrive at the German Space Travel Exhibition in MorgenrÃƒÂ¶the-Rautenkranz ( http://www.deutsche-raumfahrtausstellun ... x_engl.htm ). This unique exhibition in Germany is to demonstrate to the general public the benefits of pursuing research projects in space.
- At 17.00 we will be going back to the hotel. Arrival at the hotel: 17.30
- Dinner at Ã‚Â± 18.00.
Monday, June 13 th, 2011
- Today we get up a bit earlier, so you have time to check out.
- 9.30 at the latest we expect all participants in the hotelentrance. After a two hours beautiful drive through the GlÃƒÂ¶tztal / GlÃƒÂ¶tzvalley (Falkenstein, Ellefeld, Auerbach, Rodewisch) we arrive at the GlÃƒÂ¶tzschtalbrÃƒÂ¼cke / GlÃƒÂ¶tzschviaduct. This viaduct or bridge is the most well-known landmark of the Vogtland; is more than 160 years old and is the largest brick-bridge in the world.
( http://www.goeltzschtalbruecke.de/ ).
- We continue our trip through Greiz and Reichenbach to Zwickau, the homeland of Robert Schumann and the home of carbrands like Horch, Audi and the legendary Trabant. Today VW Golf and Passat are being built here.
- From 12.00 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 14.00 there will be a special guided tour for us at the Horch-Museum
( http://www.horch-museum.de/english/inde ... exhibition )
- At 14.00 official end of the Meet. Zwickau is next to the Motorway so you can find your way home easily and quickly.
- Personally we make afterwards a stroll around the center of Zwickau so if you have time left, please join us.
- If you have plans to stay the rest of the week we will be available to show you more of the Vogtland if you want to due to the fact that we have another week vacation.
We reserve ourselves the right to change the programme / schedule a bit if necessary due to unexpected roadblocks etc.
Participation fee for the whole programme (so including historical bus, entrances, guided tours etc) will only be EURO 59,00 each. (this is excl. hotel, food and beverages and if applicable fees for making pictures/videos).
Once you entered your name in the participationlist you will receive a PM with the bankdetails.
Please keep in mind that your participation is only guaranteed and valid after receipt of EURO 59,00 each.
So to our opinion something for everyone; please register yourself asap!
Hoping to meet you in the Vogtland / Germany.
Do not make your hotelreservation for the Meet through the homepage of the hotel because there they do not know the special conditions we agreed on but please use the following e-mailaddress:
Telephonenumber hotel: +49-37464-31020 or +49-37464-31025
(Mrs/Frau MÃƒÂ¼ller & Mrs/Frau Reiner)
Keyword: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Club 75 / Vogtlandtour 2011Ã¢â‚¬Â.
Please also mention at your reservation your name, full address, telephonenumber, your Nickname (for us), number of persons, number of single-or double rooms needed.
Settlement at departure.
Once you made your reservation please inform us (Katrin & Kay)
(If you arrive earlier (up to two day) and leave later (up to two days) the same special agreement/prices is/are in force)
Deadline for registration / attending the Meet is April 15 th, 2011.
Hotelprices are: Ã¢â€šÂ¬ 46.- each (double-room) or Ã¢â€šÂ¬ 52.- single room/ night with Breakfast & Dinner - incl. free use of the hotel-owned indoor-swimming-pool.
Hotel-costs are to be paid seperately by every participant at the day of departure.
Cancellation conditions: till 29 days upon arrival: no costs. From 28 days upon arrival: 25%.
From 14 days upon arrival: 50%. From 7 days upon arrival: 80%.
You have the possibility to arrive 2 days earlier and stay two days longer against the same special conditions we agreed on.
Again, to our opinion something for everyone !!
If you want to participate please enter your nickname and number of participants asap here: http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name=Fo ... pic&t=7164
Please also make your hotelreservation asap here: email@example.com
- You will receive a detailed Roadbook with maps and schedule inluding all times etc in Spring 2011.
Hope to see you!!
Katrin Schimpf & Kay HÃƒÂ¶fer