June 2011 Meet Club Seventyfive in Germany by Pim (Page 3 of 4)

starbug2
looks nice just one request please. mrs starbug can be a very bad traveler , would it be possible for her to travel near the front of the coach as she tends to be ok if she can see in front (hence she mostly is ok in the front seat of the car) , a big worry is the ferry but the plan is for her to stop in the cabin and not move till we land .

Posted 19 Feb 2011, 20:58 #41 

starbug2
sorted

Posted 21 Feb 2011, 19:40 #42 

kandyman
starbug2 wrote:looks nice just one request please. mrs starbug can be a very bad traveler , would it be possible for her to travel near the front of the coach as she tends to be ok if she can see in front (hence she mostly is ok in the front seat of the car) , a big worry is the ferry but the plan is for her to stop in the cabin and not move till we land .

Do you not have a roof rack ;)

Posted 21 Feb 2011, 19:48 #43 

starbug2
kandyman wrote:
starbug2 wrote:looks nice just one request please. mrs starbug can be a very bad traveler , would it be possible for her to travel near the front of the coach as she tends to be ok if she can see in front (hence she mostly is ok in the front seat of the car) , a big worry is the ferry but the plan is for her to stop in the cabin and not move till we land .

Do you not have a roof rack ;)

Mmmmmm now's there's a thought :lol:

Posted 21 Feb 2011, 20:20 #44 

MGBev
oi - I heard that.. :whump:

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 14:46 #45 

starbug2
MGBev wrote:oi - I heard that.. :whump:

what are you doing here ,
mgbev is mrs starbug by the way . mrs starbug is watching :panic: :panic: :panic: :lol:

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 20:06 #46 

Mick
(Site Admin)
starbug2 wrote:

mgbev is mrs starbug by the way . mrs starbug is watching :panic: :panic: :panic: :lol:

You need watching :lol:

BTW you'll find most cabins are very stuffy and lying down is very uncomfortable if you are seasick. I usually manage by propping up loads of pillows and dropping a sleeping pill. Much better than Quells. Fresh air usually works though. Hope you have a smooth crossing, they are sometimes. :)

Posted 05 Mar 2011, 00:42 #47 

starbug2
Mick wrote:
starbug2 wrote:

You need watching :lol:

BTW you'll find most cabins are very stuffy and lying down is very uncomfortable if you are seasick. I usually manage by propping up loads of pillows and dropping a sleeping pill. Much better than Quells. Fresh air usually works though. Hope you have a smooth crossing, they are sometimes. :)

the idea is not to get sick :bed: :nurse: by doing very little which should work for bev :nurse: hopefully

Posted 05 Mar 2011, 00:47 #48 

MGBev
not looking forward to the ferry even more now... :(

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 15:17 #49 

Jürgen
It will be pleasant and sunny crossing Bev. ;)

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 15:26 #50 

MGBev
Hi Jürgen, well it's gonna be a night crossing, so probably not sunny :-D However hopefully I shall be asleep and not notice.
Not long to go now!! :shock: :panic:

Posted 20 May 2011, 15:16 #51 

starbug2
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: yes not long now question is what have i forgot to do ?

Posted 20 May 2011, 15:39 #52 

starbug2
Jürgen wrote:It will be pleasant and sunny crossing Bev. ;)

the cabin will be sunny with me in it lol. i look forward to seeing you again Jürgen :cheers:

Posted 20 May 2011, 15:41 #53 

starbug2
not long now . our plan is on the Tuesday get down to Clacton which is not far from the ferry .chill for the day at the sea side have a carvery and head up to the ferry by 8 book in and i think we can get on about 8.45 chill on the ferry till it leaves about 11.30 where bev will not move out of the cabin till we dock or much yukness ..
get off the ferry in Holland and head asap to Germany and the meet hotel only stopping for breaks and fuel . as long as the roads are good and not to bendy etc bev should be ok and may even drive a bit once there we can relax and hopefully meet you lot when you arrive. we have 2 days before the meet and 2 after . we may visit a castle at some point and see what we can use the train for . i expect after all the travelling much use of the pool and lazing about the hotel will be on the cards .

Posted 04 Jun 2011, 06:57 #54 

kandyman
Good luck to everyone going over.
Wish I was going now :(

Bev I hope you have a smooth crossing :)

Posted 07 Jun 2011, 18:33 #55 

starbug2
bev may say for her self as is on this site but for now i thank you and a shame more of us lot didn't make it this time.... we are now on the ferry waiting to leave the uk ... good bye uk and hello euroland....

Posted 07 Jun 2011, 21:45 #56 

JohnDotCom
Enjoy yourselves. Think costs and timing for many is stopping members going.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Jun 2011, 06:49 #57 

Jürgen
Have fun and enjoy the trip! :)

Alas I can't be there. :(

Posted 09 Jun 2011, 20:48 #58 

Duncan
Best wishes for the journey.

Maybe in a few years I'll be up for it, but as My OH is not into the cars, it wouldn't wash as a holiday, plus she's at work this time of year.

Posted 09 Jun 2011, 21:14 #59 

Jürgen
Duncan wrote:but as My OH is not into the cars, it wouldn't wash as a holiday

It's not about cars, mostly. So your OH would enjoy it, too. With a probability bordering on certainty.
Just wait for the pics ... ;)

Posted 09 Jun 2011, 22:06 #60