Judicial seal of approval by raistlin

raistlin
I was sitting in Crown Court today on appeals cases.

One of the Circuit Judges sought me out to ask about VeeKay. Wanted all the details and asked to have a good look around her as well :)

I offered him a drive and he practically snatched the keys from me.

After a short drive around the city ring road we returned to Court where he asked me if cars of VeeKay's standard were still available, parts availability etc. etc.

He described the short ride around the city as magnificent and cosseting.

Then asked me if I was thinking of selling the car :) Having received a negative reply he said "No, I don't think I would either."

Apparently the 75 puts his V***o to shame :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Aug 2010, 16:39 #1 

Bartonrover
Well at least he's a good judge of motorcars - which has to be a good start in his chosen career!

Posted 13 Aug 2010, 17:42 #2 

James.uk
Whilst I think our cars are very good, i think we should be carefull who we recommend them too.

To be brutally honest, I would not recommend a 1.8 to anyone.. :confused:

I would only recommend a 2.5 V6 to people who either do very little mileage, and/or can afford to have their cars looked after by a local garage.

The CDT I would recommend to people who are handy with a spanner and know a fair bit about car maintenance, they would need to be able to do most service jobs themselves.. :)

Would I recommend a 75 to a single lady as a daily drive to work etc.. No!! E.G. When my sister wanted a car I found her a very nice 1999 "Executive" Honda Civic 1.600cc automatic. She has had it for 18 trouble free months and loves it to bits. :D :thumbsup:

Posted 13 Aug 2010, 18:04 #3 

JakeWilson
James.uk wrote:Whilst I think our cars are very good, i think we should be carefull who we recommend them too.

To be brutally honest, I would not recommend a 1.8 to anyone.. :confused:

I would only recommend a 2.5 V6 to people who either do very little mileage, and/or can afford to have their cars looked after by a local garage.

The CDT I would recommend to people who are handy with a spanner and know a fair bit about car maintenance, they would need to be able to do most service jobs themselves.. :)

Would I recommend a 75 to a single lady as a daily drive to work etc.. No!! E.G. When my sister wanted a car I found her a very nice 1999 "Executive" Honda Civic 1.600cc automatic. She has had it for 18 trouble free months and loves it to bits. :D :thumbsup:

Superb point James - I am currently in the process of helping a friend out of an Astra and into a 75 contemporary - can't get insured onto a zt. He pootles around and likes grace, pace and space as the ol jag saying goes - however he's handy with a spanner and so am I. we are going to have a weekend to service it, o-rings etc...

Posted 13 Aug 2010, 20:53 #4 

DeuxGazoles
raistlin wrote:

For comfort & style then I've got to agree but for ruggedness & dependability Volvo wins hands down with me which is why I want another one
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 13 Aug 2010, 20:59 #5 

starbug2
DeuxGazoles wrote:
raistlin wrote:

For comfort & style then I've got to agree but for ruggedness & dependability Volvo wins hands down with me which is why I want another one

:nurse: you need to buy a ROVER not a mg then you will be convinced (if i say it enough times i may believe it :gmc: :cry: cars are expensive ) that Volvo are not for us :thumbsup:

Posted 14 Aug 2010, 12:13 #6