Its that nano-meet thing again. 16 – 18 September by raistlin (Page 5 of 6)

raistlin
Weather has been, more or less, brilliant... apart from a torrential rain and hail shower at lunchtime.

Seems to have been many jobs done over the course of the day :)

VeeKay now has properly auto-levelling headlights thanks to David and his magic T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) kit :) Cheers Dave.

Nano-meet ethos is alive and well...

T4 reported that VeeKay's fan was not running at slow speed so I had a chat with Dave (Takestock) and he confirmed that it needed the high power resistor mod. Not only that, but he handed me the resistor he'd just taken off Andy's car (Thanks Andy) and told me he'll sort it for me tomorrow :)

I was stunned by the instantaneous and unreserved demonstration of good-will. Wish I could do something in return.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. At least one set of powerfolds to be wired I believe.

As usual, nice to meet friends old and new and to put yet more faces to names. From what I understand, the name Raistlin seems to be fairly well known :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Sep 2011, 17:33 #81 

kandyman
Wish I could be there with you guys, miss the meeting up chatting and drinking :)
Look forward to seeing some pictures later.

I'll come up one day as I'm building a list of things to do
Powerfolds fitting, fan resistor and the hand break adjustor mod, I think that's it ;)

Posted 17 Sep 2011, 17:48 #82 

Duncan
Glad it's going well. Still some things to do in the morning, mostly getting stuff together for coming along. See you all there.

Posted 17 Sep 2011, 19:09 #83 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:getting stuff together for coming along.

That's right mate - you know the drill ;) :lol:
Paul

Posted 17 Sep 2011, 19:18 #84 

Jürgen
kandyman wrote:Wish I could be there with you guys, miss the meeting up chatting and drinking :)

Me too, has been fun last time. :)

Posted 17 Sep 2011, 19:33 #85 

takestock
my head hurts this morning ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 07:32 #86 

carlpenn
Just want to say thanks for a warm welcome, it was a pleasure to finally meet you all for the first time or again as in some cases :) Was quite pleased as I got to help someone by fitting their Side Impact Sensor and although only a simple (but fiddly) task, fit an offside headlight bulb, good to be able to give back at long last, even if it was only a small bit lol.

Kids had fun considering the weather and my Son wants me to say hello to Jasmine for him, the Little Girl of one of the members he played with yesterday afternoon :) He also wants me to say that Duotones car was his favourite their :D

For me personally, it was my most enjoyable meet and I look forward to coming to the next one.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 11:24 #87 

mark d3
had a fantastic time as usual,thanks to everyone who tried to fix my stupid seat runners the drive home was interesting :) as this was our second nano we got to meet some other members who weren't at the last,paul raistlin and carl penn and the chap from new york)sorry forgot your name) still have the headache fron the Saturday night :cheers: i will bring tools next time,will probably see you all again at the POL and the lanterns did not set fire to anything :clap: the glasses looked good but you will have to wait for photos
mark

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 16:03 #88 

takestock
Just got back after traffic jam on the M6 :(

just a taster of photos and fun
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 17:12 #89 

Bernard
Thanks everyone and especially to Arctic for his superb mod on the handbrake cable compensator.

Just arrived home, journey not without incident as I had'nt noticed that the cooling fan was not running. After a time ticking over at a standstill it overheated. Half an hour waiting to cool down and the addition of some water got me home.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 18:10 #90 

raistlin
Another successful meet I think :)

Thanks again to Dave (Takestock) and David (Monk) for fettling VeeKay :D She's fireproof now if they decide to change the rules for MOT regarding HID (High Intensity Discharge) lights.

Thanks to Dave and Marina for providing the very welcome teas and coffees. Dave, I can't believe you fell for the old trick again ;)

Even the weather was (mostly) co-operative.
Paul

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 18:32 #91 

takestock
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 18:33 #92 

Duncan
An anjoyable day today. Just sorry I wasn't able to be there for longer. It seems plenty of work got done, and a few problems were solved.

Well done to all involved again, see everyone at the next one.

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 20:36 #93 

Arctic
(Trader)
Great meet this weekend right from friday night through to sunday early evening, very productive with lots of jobs achieved i would like to personally like to thank Duncan for his T4 session on Zion and was great news to know the fan works on all three powers.
Special thanks to Dave (stocktake or the other way round ;) depending on were you are reading this post from first of all for his appreciated help with my Vis motors :thumbsup: secondly for averting a petrol fan being fitted to a diesel :hail: close one that, and last but not least for making saturday night fun and enjoyable for all with the laterns and glowing glasses i would also like to thank his wife Marina for the refreshments tea coffee etc and the photos :lol: some really good to boot.

A thank you to Dave (Duotone)for the good conversation and the items we did notice you slipped off into the night but not to that minture tent :lol: :lol:nice one :clap: where was t now :confused:Steve( Delivish)for the fire Lyndon for his quick wit and jokes and looking after Bruno for us when we have to nip off to loo etc, he as good sense like me to go home to a nice warm bed for the night :thumbsup: Rob (Trebor) for the wood chumping and great humour, nice to Andy and his wife Paul and June, nice to meet Mark and his wife again we had our own little Xfactor auditions from his little girl :clap: hope you got home ok driving from the back seat of your car ;)must have drove you :mad1: good crack had by all i would say.

Managed to do most of the plenums i think if you were missed i am sorry will get you next time thank you Glyn (Banjo) for the gearknob for Zion great chatting to Daniel our American member (dantheman)

Best news we managed to fit three compensators fantastic team effort Bernard /Rob/ (Wooleysox) Ian (BADLAD) Ian and myself finaly got the time for fitting the modifed Compensator down to 25 mins cant wait for the next infact Rob (trebor) are we having a local little nano at the goldilocks place in late Sept or early oct :confused: hope i havent missed anyone.

Cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Sep 2011, 23:31 #94 

Last edited by Arctic on 19 Sep 2011, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

woolleysox
the fitting removed and the new one installed by Artic into Bernards car, He fitted same type fitting to mine as well many thanks Stev

Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 19 Sep 2011, 00:19 #95 

psicobra
raistlin wrote:Weather has been, more or less, brilliant... apart from a torrential rain and hail shower at lunchtime.

Seems to have been many jobs done over the course of the day :)

VeeKay now has properly auto-levelling headlights thanks to David and his magic T4 kit :) Cheers Dave.

Nano-meet ethos is alive and well...

T4 reported that VeeKay's fan was not running at slow speed so I had a chat with Dave (Takestock) and he confirmed that it needed the high power resistor mod. Not only that, but he handed me the resistor he'd just taken off Andy's car (Thanks Andy) and told me he'll sort it for me tomorrow :)

I was stunned by the instantaneous and unreserved demonstration of good-will. Wish I could do something in return.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. At least one set of powerfolds to be wired I believe.

As usual, nice to meet friends old and new and to put yet more faces to names. From what I understand, the name Raistlin seems to be fairly well known :lol:

Your welcome to it mate least i could do especially after everything that was done for me.

Andy

Posted 19 Sep 2011, 21:04 #96 

BADLAD
A great couple of days! Much work done and laughs had by all. I must thank woooleysox for the extra horn - wonderful! We couldn't believe that the wiring was already there for the mg zt-t, all I had to do was bolt it to the bumper and plug it in.
I'd already got the bumper off for fitting a new fan, so it was the perfect time to do it.
Big thanks to everyone who was there and I hope to be able to get to the next one. Mid October would be good for me because I don't have anymore holiday left.

Cheers all!
Ian

Posted 20 Sep 2011, 10:17 #97 

MrB
A lot of familiar faces there.

Will have to make it to one of these some day. Do look a lot of fun and am not averse to getting my hands dirty and mucking in with any work required.

Would have to hide Madge, in some corner away from all the other 75's though. Poor old girl has lumps and bumps where they ain't supposed to be.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 20 Sep 2011, 17:21 #98 

Trebor
Sorry for the delay in posting but believe it or not i have not been home and online since the meet ended until tonight. I agree with all the comments it was a great meet and they get better and better imo so a big thanks to all who came and a special thanks to those who got stuck in and completed jobs for other members, we are looking to do the next one around mid October for one day at the nursery grounds near me which is a revisit to one of our old venues so watch this space
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Sep 2011, 17:45 #99 

mark d3
the name Raistlin seems to be fairly well known

it would be paul,from your previous posts next door and on the community ,have read your threads and posts for 3 years nice to finally put a face to a name,btw thanks for lending me your adjustables
mark

Posted 20 Sep 2011, 20:11 #100