Its that nano-meet thing again. 16 – 18 September by raistlin (Page 2 of 6)

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:I'll be there for certain. Just not sure how much time yet. Sunday for certain. Maybe Saturday as well, and maybe camping. It just depends how the land lies closer to the time.

Hi Duncan may i get my suzie on your T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and check a few things out from last time she was on if you remember we talked about leaving it for a few weeks to see if anything had change as i was getting a intermitent ABS (Antilock Braking System) light and air bag light, also any little tricks that maybe left :hail: Arctic.

PS Does anyone know how the Fob works on the FBH (Fuel burning heater.) if so will they show me please ready for this autum & winter :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Aug 2011, 00:43 #21 

Last edited by Arctic on 16 Aug 2011, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

James.uk
Sorry, can't make this one, will be away on those dates..:(

Posted 06 Aug 2011, 18:53 #22 

lowey260
Would it be cheeky of me to ask if I could be added in order to get my powerfolds fitted? just bought a new pair minus the loom and switch currently but I've been reliably informed the loom can be made up so its just the switch pack Im on the hunt for.

I have also got a auto dimming mirror if Im not pushing my luck! no plug though.

I can definitley make the Sunday and possibly Saturday afternoon also due to work commitments.

Paul.

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 11:00 #23 

raistlin
I'll add you to the OP list Paul :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 14:26 #24 

lowey260
Who am I best speaking to with regard getting a powerfold loom made up in readiness for the nano meet??

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 13:25 #25 

JohnDotCom
Paul (Raistlin) ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 14:51 #26 

Dominic22
I have got the 75 V8 link to photos (sorry terrible quality) https://picasaweb.google.com/1050842555 ... odXP2oW5Ww .
Paul(Raistlin)any chance I can get the ultimate Remote Mod as this car has power windows and sunroof. If possible let me know what I need to get in preparation, I assume I might need the T4 prep to sort the first stage of the Mod.

If not to cheeky can someone also have a look at a couple paint bubbles (start of rust) on roof and bonnet and scratch marks on front bumper (will try and get photos) just to give me advice of best method of sorting.

I also have an extra Auto dimming mirror which I bought to put on the ZT that I know longer need if someone wants it on the day, just donation to club funds is fine.

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 07:07 #27 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Dominic
hope you are bringing the car to the next meet at Four Ashes i think a few people would like to see this with the premium bumper fitted nice car Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 09:07 #28 

raistlin
Dominic22 wrote:I have got the 75 V8 link to photos (sorry terrible quality) https://picasaweb.google.com/1050842555 ... odXP2oW5Ww .
Paul(Raistlin)any chance I can get the ultimate Remote Mod as this car has power windows and sunroof. If possible let me know what I need to get in preparation, I assume I might need the T4 prep to sort the first stage of the Mod.

If not to cheeky can someone also have a look at a couple paint bubbles (start of rust) on roof and bonnet and scratch marks on front bumper (will try and get photos) just to give me advice of best method of sorting.

I also have an extra Auto dimming mirror which I bought to put on the ZT that I know longer need if someone wants it on the day, just donation to club funds is fine.

PM me when convenient Dominic and I'll discuss the preliminary work with you :)
Paul

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 09:15 #29 

Dominic22
Yes coming to the meet and bringing the car, very much looking forward to it. Will be great to see you all again.

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 14:35 #30 

mark d3
artic,would you be up to helping/showing me how to fit the viton o rings?
mark

Posted 22 Aug 2011, 20:21 #31 

Arctic
(Trader)
mark d3 wrote:artic,would you be up to helping/showing me how to fit the viton o rings?

Hi Mark.
No problem will have my bendy rachet with anyways and some grease do you have a ERG bypass fitted or the original ERG if the latter i have two already cleaned and you could swap that at the same time if you wanted to cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 23 Aug 2011, 01:10 #32 

mark d3
Arctic wrote:
mark d3 wrote:artic,would you be up to helping/showing me how to fit the viton o rings?

Hi Mark.
No problem will have my bendy rachet with anyways and some grease do you have a ERG bypass fitted or the original ERG if the latter i have two already cleaned and you could swap that at the same time if you wanted to cheers Arctic

erg? are we talking egr? its on my to do list just fitted a new maf and tuning box,would gladly swap for a bypass
mark

Posted 23 Aug 2011, 20:31 #33 

Arctic
(Trader)
mark d3 wrote:
Arctic wrote:

Hi Mark.

erg? are we talking egr? its on my to do list just fitted a new maf and tuning box,would gladly swap for a bypass

Yes Mark sorry a type O EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) :gmc:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Aug 2011, 18:05 #34 

Merl
Ohh the date has changed or I jotted the wrong one down... lol

I can make it! not sure about the camping as I will have just got back from my European tour and I might be a tad tired!
Martin

Posted 24 Aug 2011, 20:44 #35 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi All
I am posting this message to ask if any members going to the meet would like the plenum check with the plenum tray spyhole mod to put your names forward so i know who you are and also judge how many bungs i need to get from my supplier, the trays are not a problem as i have 5 already which can be fitted right away then i can do the mod on site with the others that are exchanged. This way i can make a list of names on a sheet and then cross them off as i do them much appreciated Arctic.

This mod helps prevent water getting into your ecu and causing damage some pics below.
Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

Image6

Image7
Last chance before the winter weather sets in
PS i also have two EGR clean and ready to swap if anyone would like that doing too cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 01:16 #36 

BADLAD
Hi raistlin,

I would really like to do some work with my fbh on the weekend. I want to add a timer (I have acquired a webasto 1529 timer) to activate the fbh, but also want to have the option of starting the air con blower to defrost on those icy winter mornings.
Will you be bringing any of your timer kits along, or do I need to order one beforehand to bring on the day?
Also, would you mind offering some advice if I should get stuck while attempting to do this please?

Thanks!

Ian

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 08:48 #37 

raistlin
Ian,

You need to buy the kit from HERE.

You'll also need a remote transmitter / receiver. I'd recommend THIS ONE.

No problem helping you out on the day :)
Paul

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 08:54 #38 

BADLAD
Ok, I'll order one in the next few days.
Do I HAVE to use a remote, or can it be wired with the webasto timer? Or even both!
If it hasn't been done with your kit, then I might just have a go and take a few photos along the way. In the meantime, I'll connect up the timer to a 12v supply and find out if the outputs are momentary or constant etc.
It's odd that the timer diagram seems to want me to supply the burner with 12v to pin one rather than switch negative to pin 3 ( which is how I have tested the thing). Do you have any thoughts on this?

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 17:02 #39 

raistlin
BADLAD wrote:Ok, I'll order one in the next few days.
Do I HAVE to use a remote, or can it be wired with the webasto timer? Or even both!

If you look at the wiring diagram in the how-to you'll see it just needs an "on - off" pulse :) How you provide that pulse is up to you :)
Paul

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 17:12 #40