Isn't it great when... by raistlin

raistlin
... people ask you a load of questions via PM wanting help, then come back and ask you loads more questions, then get you to send them stuff for free, then ask you a load more questions, and you ask them to let you know how things went.

Then you never once receive thanks and never hear from them again. Then you discover they only joined the forum to get what they need, never making even one single post.

Then you get to hear through the grapevine that the individual said "Well if he's dumb enough to answer questions and give bits and pieces away, why shouldn't I take advantage"
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 May 2014, 18:42 #1 

dattrike
thankfully there are very few people like that. I hope it has not disheartened you too much.

Posted 23 May 2014, 18:59 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Anybody in particular I can remove from the member list?

Posted 23 May 2014, 19:18 #3 

PaulT
The same attitude that some people have to grabbing all the benefits going so the taxpayer keeps them claiming 'it's my right'. Gives genuine cases a bad name.

Time to send the boys round methinks.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 May 2014, 19:20 #4 

raistlin
Mick wrote:Anybody in particular I can remove from the member list?

It's sort of an amalgam of several disappointments which occurred at much the same time Mick. Just me letting off steam and perhaps jogging the conscience of one or two... although I don't suppose they'll ever return to this forum.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 May 2014, 19:27 #5 

Trebor
As Dave said it is only the minority fortunately as most are more than grateful and give something back as and when they get the opportunity to do so
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 May 2014, 21:14 #6 

DaveyC
Probably the same folk who turn up to Nano meets, get jobs done for free and never so much as chip a finger nail and are never seen or heard from again.

Posted 24 May 2014, 07:38 #7 

takestock
Perhaps it would be prudent to privately warn others of a giving nature who these people are ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 May 2014, 08:17 #8