IPK connections by dattrike

dattrike
I have a message centre display and the two connectors from a scrap car with several lines out in the display, does anyone know which are the main 12v and 0v wires? I can use a bench power supply to light it up. I fancy trying to repair the ribbon connections.
The two connectors are C0230 and C0233.....

Posted 30 Dec 2012, 09:32 #1 

Duncan
C0230. Pin 8 is Aux (plus), Pin 6 is permanent (plus). Pin 9 is ground (neg).

Posted 30 Dec 2012, 17:13 #2 

dattrike
Duncan wrote:C0230. Pin 8 is Aux (plus), Pin 6 is permanent (plus). Pin 9 is ground (neg).

Thanks Duncan, that'll give me something to do when I go back to work on Wed night ;) ;)

Posted 30 Dec 2012, 18:32 #3 

dattrike
dattrike wrote:
Duncan wrote:C0230. Pin 8 is Aux (plus), Pin 6 is permanent (plus). Pin 9 is ground (neg).

Thanks Duncan, that'll give me something to do when I go back to work on Wed night ;) ;)

I should also have asked how do I power up the information display?
Thanks for your forebearance.

Posted 30 Dec 2012, 20:02 #4 

takestock
Could be a really interesting project this :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Dec 2012, 20:25 #5 

Mad-Monkey
12v to pin 8 should bring up the display information. I take a couple of the other pins to ground as well but I can't remember why, they are just soldered together on my plug. If pin 8 isn't working for you I'll look them up later :)

Posted 30 Dec 2012, 22:56 #6 

dattrike
Monk wrote:12v to pin 8 should bring up the display information. I take a couple of the other pins to ground as well but I can't remember why, they are just soldered together on my plug. If pin 8 isn't working for you I'll look them up later :)

Thanks Duncan/David, pin9 = 0V Pin6 and 8 +12v IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) works fine,get outside air temp,mileage trip and car mileage.
Any suggestions to power message centre? Thanks in anticipation..

Posted 31 Dec 2012, 10:18 #7 

Mad-Monkey
That should power the message centre, unless its on one of the other cables I have connected, I wont be able to check until tomorrow though im afraid.

Posted 31 Dec 2012, 10:34 #8 

dattrike
Monk wrote:That should power the message centre, unless its on one of the other cables I have connected, I wont be able to check until tomorrow though im afraid.

That's ok, it's not urgent,it powers up ok in my car,obviously don't want to drive it mismatched,but would like to 'fiddle' on the bench.

Posted 31 Dec 2012, 11:08 #9 

Mad-Monkey
Ok no probs, there are four or five cables I have connected on my bench connector but can't remember why I did so. I'll let you know and you can have a fiddle and maybe work out why I did it! :)

Posted 31 Dec 2012, 13:50 #10 

Duncan
The trip computer button is pin 9 on C0233 to ground. So just touch it briefly to ground to replicate pushing the switch.

Posted 31 Dec 2012, 21:22 #11