IOS6 - something to be aware of by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

Gate Keeper
Thanks for sharing the photos for the comparison. I know it is time consuming and annoying having to search for an app to replace the same clarity and features we had enjoyed with Google maps. I have decided to wait until an Apple update fixes the problem with a patch. I have just been looking into the history of Drop Box and iCloud. Both products required many, many updates and fixes to get them to where they are now. I think that someone who pulls the strings says "launch the product and lets deal with the problems as and when they arise".

Posted 24 Sep 2012, 07:53 #21 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Jürgen
The updates went smooth on WiFi, although it took some time. So don't do it when the charger is out of reach. ;)

Now that the Apple maps are "in the wild", I assume that the data will be improved steadily, as they will receive a lot of feedback.

The satellite images of many places may not be as detailed yet but much more up to date than the ones provided by Google maps. It's an improvement the way I see it.

Posted 24 Sep 2012, 13:58 #23 

Duncan
I don't have an eyepad, so this question is second hand.

My Dad has one, because it was shiny and sparkly. He saw the new shiny iOS6 and upgraded, now it refuses to connect to his wireless router. I suggested he might need to reset his wireless network settings and re-enter his password, but he swears he doesn't know his password, and didn't use it when he first connected it. So, two questions:

1. Is there a way of setting up wireless connection to a secure router without knowing the password? Would seem to compromise security a bit if there was.
2. Has anyone come across this problem with iOS6 and know what to do to resolve it?

Posted 02 Dec 2012, 10:34 #24 

Mick
(Site Admin)
1. No.
2. Once having connected it would normally be remembered as a known network and not require authentication again, it would not be unusual for it to be forgotten after a system upgrade.
Which router is he using? Default passwords listed here. http://routerpasswords.com
Or in most cases BT for example it is on the case label.

Posted 02 Dec 2012, 10:53 #25 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Screenshot of network settings pane.

image.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 02 Dec 2012, 11:03 #26 

Duncan
Thanks Mick. I kind of guessed it might be something like that. I'll talk to him later and find out what router he's got.

Posted 02 Dec 2012, 12:33 #27 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Just a thought. THe router may have got it's knickers in a twist and may just need restarting.

Posted 02 Dec 2012, 13:02 #28 

Duncan
It seems both of the devices were being pains. He did have a wireless network password, and in fact he knew what it was, but we only confirmed this by logging into the router itself. We did a complete wireless reset on the eyepad and re-entered the password, and we restarted the router. Then we got connection. Only took half an hour on the phone!

Posted 04 Dec 2012, 20:32 #29