Some of the coolest stuff though is hidden away in a brand new design waiting to be discovered. We would like to introduce you to this new design and help us iron out any wrinkles in it before we make it the new default design available to anyone visiting the website.
Available now as an opt-in theme from your user control panel (see below) we have added the following features to the forums.
Improved social sharing tools to bookmark or subscribe to topics and to share them on popular social networking sites.
Talking of social network sites - we've now added LinkedIn to the list of places you can share topics and information to.
Quick-access links such as email, PM, image gallery and more from underneath users names when viewing topics.
Redesigned home page featuring a much easier-to-view list of available forums.
Improved design for private messaging mailboxes and viewing messages.
Lots of other little fixes, tweaks and changes all aimed at improving the way things work (and look!).
Remember though - these features are only available from within the new design so start using it today to take full advantage!
We hope you will join us in using this theme as it's rolled out over the next few weeks. We're starting off today by offering it on an opt-in basis until we are happy it's all working as it should after which we will start switching users over to it as their default theme.
*How to access and change your theme
To change the theme you are using on the board follow these simple steps
- Click on your username which towards the top-left of any page on the website.
- Next find "Board Preferences" link and click on that.
- Within the resulting options page you should see a line that reads "My board style". Using the drop-down box next to this, select "New Version" and then hit "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- Once a confirmation message appears telling you that your preferences have been saved you will be redirected back to the Board Preferences pane, this time using the new board style.
- The method to change back (should you wish) is exactly the same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.