International Nano-Meet Weekend 16th / 17th July 2011 by raistlin (Page 5 of 13)

stevemac
Duncan wrote:Regarding the power socket, two questions for clarification:

1. Do you know which fusebox you have in the passenger footwell? Earlier cars have a grey one, later black and red with smaller fuses.

2. Is your OEM power socket a complete kit, or just the socket? Many were sold without the adaptor leads, not that it matters if you have a later fusebox!

mmmm now you've got me. I'll look later but I would hazard a guess that it is a later one. Also the socket is just that, a socket.
Cheers
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 12 May 2011, 07:13 #81 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI stevemac
Photo of my fuse box if it helps in anyway from 04 Conni SE
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 May 2011, 09:02 #82 

Gren 24
Hi Paul. Should be attending the Sunday Nothing needs doing on (Matilda) the Tourer.Vary pleased with the 3rd party remote.Will help with what ever I can.

Posted 12 May 2011, 15:57 #83 

raistlin
Cheers Les - see you there :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 May 2011, 16:43 #84 

Duncan
Power socket will need some wiring and a way to pick up the power. The earlier fuseboxes have a place to do this, the later ones (like in Arctic's photo) don'e.

Posted 12 May 2011, 18:11 #85 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Power socket will need some wiring and a way to pick up the power.

We will need an "Add a circuit" fuse then :) I have plenty of both standard and mini sizes :D
Paul

Posted 12 May 2011, 18:21 #86 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:Power socket will need some wiring and a way to pick up the power. The earlier fuseboxes have a place to do this, the later ones (like in Arctic's photo) don'e.

Wasn't there am additional cable required for the later cars?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 May 2011, 07:08 #87 

Duncan
PaulT wrote:
Duncan wrote:Power socket will need some wiring and a way to pick up the power. The earlier fuseboxes have a place to do this, the later ones (like in Arctic's photo) don'e.

Yes an extra cable was needed to allow the fitting kit to connect to the later cars.

Unfortunately this is only a socket so we will need to make up the wiring anyway.

Posted 15 May 2011, 19:06 #88 

stevemac
Duncan wrote:
PaulT wrote:

Yes an extra cable was needed to allow the fitting kit to connect to the later cars.

Unfortunately this is only a socket so we will need to make up the wiring anyway.

Sorry Guys, been away for the weekend so not had a chance to look at fuse boxes etc. If it's going to be a lot of trouble then I am happy to leave it. It's one of those things that would be very useful to have, but not essential. :)
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 16 May 2011, 09:57 #89 

raistlin
stevemac wrote:If it's going to be a lot of trouble

No trouble at all Steve :)
Paul

Posted 16 May 2011, 10:05 #90 

Last edited by raistlin on 22 May 2011, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
I agree with Paul, it's not a problem. Just that the solution is different depending on what you have, and preparation is needed to ensure the right bits are available to do the job.

No rush in getting the info either, we have a few weeks yet!

Posted 16 May 2011, 12:01 #91 

raistlin
Duncan, Martin, Rob, and I had a very enjoyable little social gathering at Four Ashes last night and (I think) we decided to fettle Rob's car at the nano-meet so that she no longer deserves the title "Christine" ;)

I also qualified as a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) operator yesterday as well so that means Duncan will have time for things other than T4 :D

BTW, the Oxford Gold was a fine pint last night :D
Paul

Posted 21 May 2011, 19:25 #92 

JohnDotCom
Whats the Postcode again to find some local accommodation please, anybody?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 May 2011, 15:22 #93 

raistlin
WV10 7DG John. For reference, it's in the OP :)
Paul

Posted 22 May 2011, 15:37 #94 

JohnDotCom
Many thanks Paul, I was being lazy, I blame the automated taking you to first unread message. :gmc:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 May 2011, 16:52 #95 

Duncan
Yes, Rob's car needs some TLC on the electrics to get to the bottom of an issue with the alarm. Plus, we need to redo the door connector that we struggled with in the semi dark last December. Hopefully we can get an expert to help with the door removal and refit.

Posted 22 May 2011, 18:23 #96 

raistlin
Duncan wrote: Hopefully we can get an expert to help with the door removal and refit.

I wonder who might fulfil that role ;)
Paul

Posted 22 May 2011, 18:27 #97 

Gren 24
Willing to help with door removal and refit.If that will help!!!,or help some one.It's easy-er with two.

Posted 22 May 2011, 20:06 #98 

TyphoonTT
I pretty sure I'll be around for this one. :mrgreen:

Posted 22 May 2011, 20:52 #99 

JohnDotCom
TyphoonTT wrote:I pretty sure I'll be around for this one. :mrgreen:

Think my doors can stay on this time. ;)
John

Posted 23 May 2011, 10:32 #100