International Nano-Meet Weekend 16th / 17th July 2011 by raistlin (Page 3 of 13)

Duncan
raistlin wrote:I'm hoping VeeKay will have a mod done at this meet :)

I seem to be in line for installing one or two Ultimate Remotes though so won't have the time to work on VeeKay as well .

Ooh, what's that then?

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 20:39 #41 

raistlin
Steve's puddle lights mod :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 20:40 #42 

woolleysox
I may attempt to install my smart nav kit not sure yet
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 09:26 #43 

Merl
woolleysox wrote:I may attempt to install my smart nav kit not sure yet

Thought you had the touch screen job? which ine is the smart nav then? i get so confused sometimes :?
Martin

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 17:21 #44 

woolleysox
Hi Martin
I do have DD unit but smart nav connects to an operator who sends the instruction direct to your car.Takes you round the hold ups and speed cams. I had the same unit fitted to my last car it was great. You do have to pay a subscriotion though
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 19:02 #45 

raistlin

Did you sort out the switch terminals Rob?
Paul

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 19:45 #46 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:

We talked about it but didn't find an answer.

Still looking......

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 20:04 #47 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Still looking......

I've been having some thoughts on the subject having regard to the RAVE diagrams.
Paul

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 21:14 #48 

Merl
woolleysox wrote:Hi Martin
I do have DD unit but smart nav connects to an operator who sends the instruction direct to your car.Takes you round the hold ups and speed cams. I had the same unit fitted to my last car it was great. You do have to pay a subscriotion though

Ohh ok I get you! I know a lot of the tomtoms and some Garmins now have that Live thing built in which I guess is similar. I will have to quiz you on it at the next meet, hopefully Prescot Hill.
Martin

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 13:33 #49 

raistlin
OK all, the nano-meet "elders" adjourned to the Four Ashes for a well earned pint or two this afternoon and, after discussions with the new owner, we have agreed to give them another chance to provide us with a meal on the Saturday evening :)

The new proprietor seemed keen to keep us as a group and will take overall charge of the operation.

In light of this, once we have the appropriate menu, it will be published both here and on the Club site and the usual procedure followed where each attendee makes their choice (If a member of both fora please make your wishes known on one or the other but not both please :)), and a combined order will be handed in to Four Ashes.

In addition, as far as Saturday's events are concerned, we've decided that it would be best for each of you to make your choice as to whether to stay at the Four Ashes site or whether to venture further afield. If you want to arrange a day out between several of you then by all means do so :)

The nano-meet site will be occupied at all times during the Saturday by those of us who are working on cars so tents etc. will be not be left unattended and should be safe although, as usual, the owners of tents, caravans, cars etc. remain responsible for them :)

If non-local nano-meeters would like information on the local attractions before the event, I'm sure that Rob, Mick, Lyndon or I could help, although most, if not all, have their own web-sites.

The Sunday will follow the same format as previous nano-meets.

We hope this is agreeable to all and gives you sufficient time to plan what you want to do. As usual, any major or specific tasks on cars need to be specified please so that we can have the appropriate tools, equipment and person-power available :) For example, a complete Ultimate Remote installation will need to take place over both days and requires specific tools and people to be there :)

We are hoping to have Two T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) setups going over the weekend.

As far as we can tell, everything has been given consideration now but if you have any questions, by all means ask, either in the thread or by PM, and either here or on the Club forum.

Oh, BTW, VeeKay is to be equipped with the puddle light / red LED (Light Emitting Diode) mod so looking forward to seeing that done, thanks to Steve and his co-opted assistants :D
Paul

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 18:25 #50 

woolleysox
Duncan wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Still looking......

No Paul Duncan said he would look as well no rush thanks for looking :D
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 18:32 #51 

wide load
Go on then, I'll come.

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 20:45 #52 

raistlin
wide load wrote:Go on then, I'll come.

Cheers Mick
Paul

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:09 #53 

JohnDotCom
Anyone any good or ever removed a roof lining in a Tourer?
Need to replace sharkfin aerial on roof.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 19:29 #54 

takestock
Angle grinder and generator, including free sunroof, sorted :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 20:02 #55 

Last edited by takestock on 24 Apr 2011, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

Merl
takestock wrote:Angle griner and generator, including free sunroof, sorted :)

Why go for just the sunroof when you could have the cabrio look?

Though might look like a yute with rear seats.... :gmc:
Martin

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 20:07 #56 

Jürgen
Merl wrote:Why go for just the sunroof when you could have the cabrio look?

Or what about a pickup look then? :mrgreen:

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 20:09 #57 

JohnDotCom
So many helpful suggestions.......that takestock has a lot to answer for! ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 20:29 #58 

Jürgen
JohnDotCom wrote:Anyone any good or ever removed a roof lining in a Tourer?

Never done it before, but maybe I can catch some information about it in time for the Nano.

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 20:32 #59 

takestock
JohnDotCom wrote:So many helpful suggestions.......that takestock has a lot to answer for! ;)

Thankyou for the recognition kind sir, on a serious note, seem to remember Ben and or Colin have had dealings in this area?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 21:01 #60