International Nano-Meet Weekend 16th / 17th July 2011 by raistlin (Page 12 of 13)

raistlin
Just home after a great day :)

We were like drowned rats until 10:30, then the rest of the day has been warm and sunny :)

Hope it stays the same for tomorrow.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jul 2011, 18:35 #221 

starbug2
kandyman wrote:
starbug2 wrote:not long got back from gaydon much later than i expected so won't be popping over but i did buy something of note a signed print of a blue 75 design sketch signed by Richard Woolley ...... that came from longbridge from a man who works there still who give a talk to us at the event at gaydon i went to.... so its real

If it's the one I'm thinking of they were a limited run of 3500.
Post a picture up :)
it says its its something like 537 of 3500 not down loaded yet from the camera

Posted 16 Jul 2011, 19:03 #222 

Mad-Monkey
Definately a good day, just got in too, back early tomorrow! Shame I missed the morning and half the afternoon with my car troubles but it's all good fun! :)

Posted 16 Jul 2011, 19:16 #223 

Arctic
(Trader)
I agree,
Good day weather stayed with us after 12.00am onwards and was a hive of activity managed to change five plenum trays with the modified spyhole, with swaps so now have another five ready to exchange should anyone turn up later today wanting to have this mod done, only takes 5-10mins
rubber bungs and fitting is free i will also have some scuttle clips should anyone need one i have yet to lose any of these :thumbsup:

i also have some made up ready prodders if wanted ask at the time and we can sort the yenem out then.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 00:42 #224 

raistlin
Well... thank heavens the weather forecast was as inaccurate as usual :D

Yesterday was a super day apart from about half an hour early on and today was almost as good, the weather actually curtailing events only after about 3:00PM by which time most jobs were done anyway :)
Paul

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 15:53 #225 

Duncan
Great weekend. Just need to dry the tent, and clean myself!

Great to meet some new faces, and some old ones.

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 16:04 #226 

raistlin
Many thanks to Rob and Ben for fitting my auto headlight levelling sensors. I know it ended up more work than was originally envisaged :(
Thanks also to Marina and Dave for providing us all with unlimited tea and coffee throughout the two days.

It was nice to meet faces old and new, from near and far.

Shall we do it again sometime?
Paul

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 16:17 #227 

Bernard
Wossat about an old face?

Back at the hotel again after a great weekend.

Jobs done on our V6 - VIS (Variable Intake System) motor replaced thanks to Dave Stockloss and John's nimble fingers extracting the tricky to get at screws.

Nasty full length scratch in the paintwork was rapidly dealt with by Mr Mint himself, Trebor, another sweet success.

I forgot about another little job but that will give me an excuse to attend the next meet.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 16:29 #228 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:Wossat about an old face?

Sorry Bernard. I should, perhaps, have mentioned ancient faces as well :lol:
Paul

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 16:49 #229 

Trebor
just packed up and got home as one of the last to go, a great big thanks to all who attended either for the weekend or one of the 2 days, and a special thanks to those who have given up their tme for free to help fellow 75/ZT owners from whatever forum, we will be setting the date for the next one in due course so you can put in your diaries
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 17:12 #230 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Excellent weekend as usual. thanks for having us.
A couple of "guess who?" Pics attached.
P1010003.JPG

P1010022.JPG

And a few more
http://gallery.me.com/mgzt180#100277&vi ... ack&sel=20

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 17:17 #231 

Jürgen
It has been a nice weekend. Nice to meet some known and some formerly unknown faces. :)

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 18:00 #232 

takestock
just back and relaxing now, Steady away on sat just a couple of Vis repairs, bits and bats of advice given and received. Tent / gazebo erection, funny as ever ( Hi lee)). Sat night was again an absolute hoot, banter was at times sooo funny :D :D Ages since I've been Chumping, t'was just like bonfire night. Lanterns were mesmorising and thanks to Lee for the re waxing of the jacket ;) :D. The evening get together is as much a part of the meet as the car maintenance for me. All the food was on time and Artic drinking Caliber all night, Priceless :D :D

Sunday was full on for me with Martin's window ( that I nearly cocked up, thanks for the rescue David ;) Then a steering wheel replacement. But most of my time with Steve, nice guy, and ready to get stuck in to fix his car, Took us just over three hours to do a full kenlowe conversion and intercooler rings. enjoyed it a lot.

Special thanks to my missus who supplied everybody over the two days with Tea, coffee and hot chocolate, diamond girl. and not forgetting the Nano Elders for the conception many moons ago. I/we have made so many friends from these meets. I am proud to be considered part of them, now, sure I managed to save a bottle of wine for tonight :D :D :D. Pictures in a bit ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 18:28 #233 

starbug2
kandyman wrote:
starbug2 wrote:not long got back from gaydon much later than i expected so won't be popping over but i did buy something of note a signed print of a blue 75 design sketch signed by Richard Woolley ...... that came from longbridge from a man who works there still who give a talk to us at the event at gaydon i went to.... so its real

If it's the one I'm thinking of they were a limited run of 3500.
Post a picture up :)

if you look on face book i have photos up of the print and ......

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 19:03 #234 

TyphoonTT
A great day for me Saturday. Plenty of jobs on the go, as soon as the weather improved around 11ish.

Thanks to all the organisers, a great job as usual, and thanks to Duncan for the fault checks etc, and Dave and Andy for engine advice. Feel so much better now. :panic: :mrgreen:

Ben :)

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 19:35 #235 

Jürgen
takestock wrote:Special thanks to my missus who supplied everybody over the two days with Tea, coffee and hot chocolate, diamond girl.

A most appreciated service. Thanks a lot! :)

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 20:06 #236 

takestock
A few pictures that show the spirit of the nano meets

Rest of the pictures ( around 165 :D)
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... =slideshow

Where we stopped whilst you lot were camping :D :D
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... =slideshow
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 21:44 #237 

Bernard
takestock wrote:Where we stopped whilst you lot were camping :D :D

Cor! How the other half live. :shock:

Posted 18 Jul 2011, 13:28 #238 

goodlittlewifey
Looks like we missed another good meet, unfortunately we couldnt get someone to look after kitten, it was looking possible, but hopefully be at the next one

Posted 18 Jul 2011, 21:51 #239 

Bernard
Just an update on my wife's condition after her problem last Saturday night.
She has since sustained two nasty falls when her legs have just given way under her, resulting in considerable bruising and lacerations to the skin.

A considerable time has been spent in casualty but X-rays etc. have all checked out OK.
Her blackeye, however, will be with her for an estimated 6 weeks. She is not safe to be left alone at the moment which will curtail my activities somewhat.

Posted 21 Jul 2011, 22:11 #240