International Nano-Meet Weekend 16th / 17th July 2011 by raistlin (Page 2 of 13)

goodlittlewifey
okay, so this is a National, are we having a raffle ???!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 15:00 #21 

raistlin
goodlittlewifey wrote:okay, so this is a National, are we having a raffle ???!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose it all depends upon whether anybody feels that they would like to promote it Heather :lol:

Maybe the admin of the appropriate fora might like to donate prizes :)... or maybe not.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 15:07 #22 

JohnDotCom
Some of the tat and length of time due to so many items, it use to take are all negatives for me.
Rather do without personally.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 18:29 #23 

goodlittlewifey
ok fair point

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 21:08 #24 

Duncan
Firstly, thanks for the thought Heather, please don't any of the discussion seem to be against the thought you had.

I think the Raffle could get messy, in that where would any proceeds go? The event is for people from different forums or none at all, and with the way things get with some people could end up just being an excuse for an argument. That would have to be balanced against the fact that some forums actively support the events while others distance themselves.

Maybe if the proceeds went to Charity it would prevent the arguments, maybe not.

In any case, I think a few good quality prizes are worthwhile (and I have seen some good ones at events) but loads of meaningless ones aren't worth the standing around.

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 20:37 #25 

MGBev
Mick wrote:Count me in, nothing needs doing to my car so I shall just be making a thorough nuisance of myself.................... As usual :D, Not sure about whole weekend, definitely Sunday.

you can do the polishing Mick :lol:

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 15:35 #26 

raistlin
OK all :)

With another successful nano-meet under our belts yesterday, it's time to start giving some thought to the format of the international. More specifically, the Saturday.

If anybody has any plans for a task on their car which would possibly take longer than one day, this would be the opportunity :)

If children are going to be there then it might be worthwhile organizing a day out to one of the many local attractions.

Perhaps a mixture of both Ideas?

Please let us have your thoughts.
Paul

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 11:27 #27 

Last edited by raistlin on 18 Apr 2011, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
From my point of view, there should be both options. To get more time to work on cars, I'd prefer to do cars Saturday too.

Then again, I'm sure some people would like a day out: only a short distance from the National Motorcycle Museum, not far from the Heritage museum at Gaydon, Some interesting National trust site in the area too, like Shugborough, Wall Roman Baths (no idea what the latter is like but it's nearby!).

So maybe it could be optional, so long as people let us know which they prefer in advance, so we know the scale of things for Saturday?

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:03 #28 

goodlittlewifey
A lot will also depend on the weather,if its a nice day,spend the time working on cars,if its bad weather find an indoor venue
http://www.wolverhamptonart.org.uk/bantock
http://www.gokidzgo.com/index.htm

just a couple of ideas, that dont cost the earth

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:57 #29 

Duncan
Bad weather? No way!

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:16 #30 

Merl
Well I have been invited to the Pageant of Power this weekend so will probably attend that on the Saturday and then come the Nano on the Sunday. You can say it is the Up North equivalent of the Goodwood Festival of Speed....

It might be a good place to go for the Nanomeet day out....

Pageant of Power Website:
http://www.cpop.co.uk/

There is boat races and flying displays but I will cheat and copy a bit from their website...

For the adults there is a wonderful Pageant of Power incorporating historic cars and racing cars, historic sports and racing motorbikes, power boats, super cars and concept cars, helicopters and hovercraft, there will be a great choice of shopping for all in the trader village, including the ‘Lifestyle Pavilion’ for those who enjoy the finer things…

The Lifestyle Pavilion has a cornucopia of stands with the emphasis on individuality,style and price. Expect to find Handbags,Jewellery,Clothing not seen on the high street. Original gifts and exciting fashion alongside brand leaders such as Jan Constantine with her wonderful cushions to Welligogs for all your country wear leather boots, coats ,hats,gilets and much more…

also stuff for the children! there is so much info on the website that I can't get it all in one post....

There is all sort of tickets and discounts for car clubs such as MGCC etc oh and 10% discount for group bookings of 10 or more...

Saturday ticket:
http://www.cpop.co.uk/shop/view/20_Tickets_%28General_Public%29/139_Paddock_Enclosure/

there is also a fireworks & concert on Saturday night:
Enjoy the Cholmondeley Fireworks Concert & Military Tattoo from the Castle lawns. Gates open 1600 on Saturday 16th July and at 1830 the concert starts with the Mossley Brass Band and Military Marching Bands. At 2000 Manchester Camerata Orchestra take to the stage in “Last Night of the Proms” style. The concert ends at around 2230 with a spectacular fireworks display.
http://www.cpop.co.uk/shop/view/20_Tickets_%28General_Public%29/138_Saturday_PaddockConcert/

According to google it is 44.5 miles or 1hr09 from the 4 ashes so probably do it in about an hour!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 4&t=h&z=19
Martin

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:29 #31 

raistlin
Merl wrote:According to google it is 44.5 miles or 1hr09 from the 4 ashes so probably do it in about an hour!

or 25 minutes if JDC is driving :gmc:
Paul

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:35 #32 

SpongeBob
raistlin wrote:
Merl wrote:According to google it is 44.5 miles or 1hr09 from the 4 ashes so probably do it in about an hour!

or 25 minutes if JDC is driving :gmc:

:clap: :lol: :gmc:

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:43 #33 

Bermudan 75
Put me down please Paul, if SWMBO does not like it, then I will be the first person to get a divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour, did not let me attend 75/ZT Nano meets. :stirer:

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:59 #34 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:Put me down please Paul, if SWMBO does not like it, then I will be the first person to get a divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour, did not let me attend 75/ZT Nano meets. :stirer:

I'll do that now Mike :)
Paul

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 19:01 #35 

Cowley_MOA
In addition to Merl's Pagent of Power aronline are having their 10th Birthday on the Saturday...

[quote="aronline'']
Join AROnline's 10th birthday party in July
AROnline is 10 years old in 2011! That’s something to celebrate so we’re holding a birthday party and you’re all invited. We’re getting together on Saturday 16 July and, because the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon is the spiritual home of the website, where much of its early research was undertaken, it’s only right to have our birthday party there…

The plan is to meet at Gaydon for breakfast, have a tour of the cars on display, where Keith Adams will be on hand to hopefully answer all the toughest questions about Austin Rover’s past (without getting too depressed). The Heritage Motor Centre’s cars tend to be rotated, so we can’t guarantee what will be on display in advance, but we’ll try and liaise with the management to ensure the more interesting prototypes with the most interesting stories will be there to talk about.

Once we’ve spent a couple of hours trawling the exhibits, we’ll jump into our collection of interesting British classics for a cross-country tour to Lower Stondon for a close look around one of the UK’s most fascinating transport museums you’ve never heard of. We’re sure that, if the draw of Gaydon isn’t enough to whet your appetite, we’re Lower Stondon will appeal – buried within its ranks are the famous Metro Scout and Metro safety prototype from 1985. Have a browse of the website (link below) and tell us you’re not interested.

More information will be added to this page once it’s clear what numbers we’re dealing with and what dates look best. For now, please register your interest below and we’ll get things underway.

See you on 16 July!
[/quote]
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 09:14 #36 

starbug2
we are planing to do this after all they where the first car group i joined back in 2005 and still try to look in when i'm not over 75 side of things [
Cowley_MOA wrote:In addition to Merl's Pagent of Power aronline are having their 10th Birthday on the Saturday...

[quote="aronline'']
Join AROnline's 10th birthday party in July
AROnline is 10 years old in 2011! That’s something to celebrate so we’re holding a birthday party and you’re all invited. We’re getting together on Saturday 16 July and, because the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon is the spiritual home of the website, where much of its early research was undertaken, it’s only right to have our birthday party there…

The plan is to meet at Gaydon for breakfast, have a tour of the cars on display, where Keith Adams will be on hand to hopefully answer all the toughest questions about Austin Rover’s past (without getting too depressed). The Heritage Motor Centre’s cars tend to be rotated, so we can’t guarantee what will be on display in advance, but we’ll try and liaise with the management to ensure the more interesting prototypes with the most interesting stories will be there to talk about.

Once we’ve spent a couple of hours trawling the exhibits, we’ll jump into our collection of interesting British classics for a cross-country tour to Lower Stondon for a close look around one of the UK’s most fascinating transport museums you’ve never heard of. We’re sure that, if the draw of Gaydon isn’t enough to whet your appetite, we’re Lower Stondon will appeal – buried within its ranks are the famous Metro Scout and Metro safety prototype from 1985. Have a browse of the website (link below) and tell us you’re not interested.

More information will be added to this page once it’s clear what numbers we’re dealing with and what dates look best. For now, please register your interest below and we’ll get things underway.

See you on 16 July!
[/quote][/quote]

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 17:55 #37 

goodlittlewifey
sounds likes lots of people are going to be having lots of fun, in lots of different places :D :D :D :D

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 19:11 #38 

Duncan
Just be careful if you are planning to go out for the day on the Saturday, and make sure you leave before I take your car apart!

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 20:01 #39 

raistlin
I'm hoping VeeKay will have a mod done at this meet :)

I seem to be in line for installing one or two Ultimate Remotes though so won't have the time to work on VeeKay as well .
Paul

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 20:24 #40