International Nano-Meet Weekend 16th / 17th July 2011 by raistlin (Page 9 of 13)

Mad-Monkey
What is happening on the Saturday? Is it car tinkering or off out? :)

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 19:35 #161 

raistlin
Monk wrote:What is happening on the Saturday? Is it car tinkering or off out? :)

It's either David :)

Those who want to organize a trip out can do so. Some of us will be working on cars both days :D There will be some of us on the site all weekend so security shouldn't be a concern if people do want to have a day out on the Saturday.

Are you still up for sorting out my auto headlight levelling mate?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 19:43 #162 

Trebor
With apologies for delay, couldnt get a menu over the weekend as the pub needed them all but arranged to pick one up on way home from work tomorrow ( Monday ) and will scan and post on here so please place your orders once it appears and say by Friday lunchtime at the latest
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 20:20 #163 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:What is happening on the Saturday? Is it car tinkering or off out? :)

It's either David :)

Those who want to organize a trip out can do so. Some of us will be working on cars both days :D There will be some of us on the site all weekend so security shouldn't be a concern if people do want to have a day out on the Saturday.

Are you still up for sorting out my auto headlight levelling mate?

Sounds good, I will definately be there Sunday, and hopefully Saturday at some point! I'm good to do your car Paul, will make sure I bring everything needed :)

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 07:11 #164 

BADLAD
I didn't know this world of MG's existed! I'm on night shifts for both days, but, will definitely make an effort to get there at some point - it sounds like a great get together.

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 11:16 #165 

Chartermark
TyphoonTT wrote:Hi Martin. Will gladly lend a hand with the door glass if needed. Regards the steering wheel issue, I believe the wheel locates on a main spine, so probably need the wheel alignment checked / adjusted. May be wrong though. :confused:

Thanks mate, it got badly 'scarred' this winter with all the blessed sand we get off the beach here. In fact once it's done, I'd like to keep the window permanently locked, I never use it personally, so perhaps while the cards off the wire can be pulled? Unless of course it breaches either European legislature or the Health & Safety at Pleasure act to allow flying insects to escape!

The steering wheel goes back to when it was changed last year in all that appalling rain - you may remember it. In the trauma, the wheel was 'splined' back in, one tooth out I feel.

I think a torque wrench is required from memory. The lock nut however is clean and unburred though, unlike some I've seen.

Look forward to seeing you all again.

Martin

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 13:15 #166 

Chartermark
takestock wrote:Red or white my dear friend? :D

Well we're bringing up some Red stuff, which seemed to do the trick last time I do recall. Can we submit "requests", if so I'd like to hear

'Come into the Garden Maud'

around 2am please?

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 13:23 #167 

takestock
I will sort the steering wheel inbetween fan replacements :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 14:02 #168 

JohnDotCom
Busy weekend for you Dave ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 16:40 #169 

TyphoonTT
My apologies Martin, as I do remember doing the steering wheel. :em: I stand corrected Dave. :oops:

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 16:48 #170 

takestock
TyphoonTT wrote:My apologies Martin, as I do remember doing the steering wheel. :em: I stand corrected Dave. :oops:

You can stand where you like as long as you stand at the bar when its your round :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 16:52 #171 

suzublu
Can't make this weekend i'm afraid,no great loss i know,but i was looking forward to saturday evenings entertainment.Too many meets this month have left my petrol tokens rather depleted.See you soon i hope,Ronnie

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 17:22 #172 

Trebor
The menu for the Saturday night meal is attached, please post up what you want by say Friday at 7pm at the latest and we can then pull off the list and hand it in on Satuday morning.

Please note that in view of previous issues all starters will come out first and mains will be served once those who have had starters have finished so for example if someone sitting with you is having a starter and your are not dont ask for your main meal until the starter has been finished - we would appreciate your cooperation with this.

We will confirm the time once i know how many orders there are but it wont be before 7pm so will give people plenty of time to get there.

There is now a specials board but please keep it simple by choosing from the menu below:

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 19:28 #173 

Last edited by Trebor on 11 Jul 2011, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

goodlittlewifey
We may be able to do this now, will let you know on Friday, and will give meal choices if we definately can do it,

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 21:56 #174 

stevemac
Hi Rob, I'll go for the Mushrooms to start and the curry to finish, cheers mate!
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 12 Jul 2011, 15:53 #175 

chrislloydie
Hi guys, I'm on the list for this weekend on the other forum. Will be arriving Saturday morning but gotta be gone by 3pm Sunday due to family commitments. I will be in the zt and the mrs will be in the 75 tourer. I'm gonna attempt to swap the powerfolds from the tourer onto the zt and obviously vice versa. I understand all the looms will need to be done as well.
Can anybody give me an estimate on time taken to do all this. Obviously I wanna make sure I'm done by 3pm Sunday! Lol

Posted 12 Jul 2011, 18:21 #176 

raistlin
chrislloydie wrote:I understand all the looms will need to be done as well.
Can anybody give me an estimate on time taken to do all this. Obviously I wanna make sure I'm done by 3pm Sunday! Lol

Chris, is it your car that Ben is going to do?

If so, he is going to leave the original looms in situ and is getting me to get orf my arse and make a set of powerfold sub-looms. This saves removing the original looms from the donor car and therefore saves a lot of time (and you get to have a set of my brightly coloured sub-looms in your car ;) ).

Assuming plenty of help in removing the doors from the recipient car, I'd guess a four hour job :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Jul 2011, 19:13 #177 

Arctic
(Trader)
I will be poping my head in on friday night coming over saturday about 2.30-3.00pm as i/we have got to got and see our friends Staffy doing is part as a mascot for the the army regiment at the Dudley Festival.

I will be bringing with me at least 3 scuttle trays with the spy hole mod already fitted should anyone want to swap theirs on site for one and i can them use your one for the next person etc, rubber bungs and fitting is free i will also have some scuttle clips should anyone need one i have yet to lose any of these :thumbsup: , great chance to get the plenum spy hole mod done, ;)

plenum-spy-hole-mod-t3886.html
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 Jul 2011, 19:32 #178 

takestock
Menu Request for fri Night:
Breaded mushrooms x 2 Dave & Marina
Mixed Grill x 1 Dave
Veggie Curry x 1 Marina
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Jul 2011, 20:07 #179 

nightshade
Hi,
Finally got an answer from the Boss, is it ok if we come along Sat morning until Sun afternoon.

Posted 12 Jul 2011, 20:30 #180